- Chocolate ice cream with chocolate brownie pieces (13%)
- Fudgy chunks of brownie goodness mixed into dark and rich chocolate ice cream. Sounds like a dream.
- At first, that’s all it was. Long ago, we were making brownie ice cream sandwiches for sale in grocery stores. Sometimes there would be broken pieces in the brownie delivery, and we’d nab them for flavour experiments. What would brownie pieces taste like in chocolate ice cream? Pretty good, as it turns out! That original experimental flavour eventually became the legendary ice cream concoction known as Chocolate Fudge Brownie.
- Meanwhile, Ben Cohen had met Bernie Glassman, the founder of Greyston Bakery, a Yonkers, New York, USA-based company with a mission to end poverty and give back to the community. Equally important, their brownies were just so darn good—after sampling some, Ben handwrote a note asking for two truckloads of brownie pieces. While we knew Greyston would be the ideal supplier for turning Chocolate Fudge Brownie into a flavour sold by the tub, getting the brownies to cooperate wasn’t easy. After about 25 batches of brownies and six months of work, the flavour finally debuted in 1991, and it’s been a hit ever since.
- We work with Fairtrade certified producers for cocoa, sugar, and vanilla, and our Caring Dairy farmers produce the milk and cream in this tub in a sustainable way. Greyston Bakery, one of the largest social enterprises in the USA, continues to provide the brownies for this and all of our flavours. All of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream is made with cage-free eggs, and we use responsibly-sourced packaging.
- Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream Tub
- Chocolate ice cream with chocolate brownie pieces
- We operate on a three-part mission that aims to create linked prosperity for everyone that’s connected to our business: suppliers, employees, farmers, franchisees, customers, and neighbours alike
- Includes Fairtrade certified cocoa, sugar, and vanilla
- Kosher certified dairy
- Ben & Jerry’s uses responsibly sourced packaging
- Pack size: 500millilitre
CREAM (25%), water, sugar, condensed skimmed MILK, cocoa powder, WHEAT flour, fat reduced cocoa powder, soybean oil, free range EGG yolk, invert sugar, EGG, dried EGG white, stabilisers (guar gum, carrageenan), salt, vanilla extract, raising agent (sodium bicarbonate), BARLEY flour. Sugar, cocoa, vanilla: traded in compliance with Fairtrade Standards, total 28%F. FVisit www.info.fairtrade.net
Store at -18°C
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Name and address
- Unilever UK,
- Springfield Drive,
- KT22 7GR
- Unilever Ireland Ltd,
- 20 Riverwalk,
- Ben & Jerry's Cone Home,
- Freepost ADM3940,
- SW1A 1YR.
- Ben & Jerry's Ireland,
- 20 Riverwalk,
- Dublin 24.
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g Unprepared||Per 100ml Unprepared||Per Serving Unprepared||%* per portion**|
|Energy (kJ)||1030 kJ||876 kJ||876 kJ||10%|
|Energy (kcal)||245 kcal||209 kcal||209 kcal||10%|
|Fat (g)||13 g||11 g||11 g||16%|
|of which saturates (g)||7.8 g||6.6 g||6.6 g||33%|
|Carbohydrate (g)||29 g||25 g||25 g||10%|
|of which sugars (g)||27 g||23 g||23 g||26%|
|Protein (g)||4.2 g||3.6 g||3.6 g||7%|
|Salt (g)||0.18 g||0.16 g||0.16 g||3%|
|*% of Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-||-||-|
|1 portion = 100 ml. ( Pack contains 5 portions )||-||-||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016