- Red Spanish Wine
- This wine with a proper name has become a timeless icon, is the most famous Gran Reserva worldwide, every winemaker's dream and the greatest pleasure to taste. The best Tempranillo grape, more than 24 months in oak barrels, a long stay in bottle and passion, a lot of passion.
- Wine of Spain
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulfites
- Deep cherry-red and maroon tones. The nose is intense and complex with sweet notes of vanilla, spice and ripe fruit which follows through to the palate. Well structured and elegant with good acidity, leading to a warming, sweet, ripe fruity finish.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Tempranillo, Graciano, Mazuelo
- Fermentation temperature 28 ºc. 26 months in French and American oak barrels. A minimum of 3 years ageing in the bottle. In recent years, we have incorporated new, environmentally-friendly grape growing practices to make our vineyards increasingly sustainable. Among others, we employ precision viticulture to monitor canopy development in different areas within the same plot.
- Bodegas Faustino owns about 650 hectares of vineyards in the best areas of the DOCa Rioja, in the municipalities of Laguardia and Oyon, and it is one of the largest owners of vineyards in Rioja. The land of Rioja Alavesa offers exceptional qualities, a chalky-clay soil and an optimum microclimate. Love and respect for nature are two of the pillars on which the philosophy of the winery is based.
- Located between the Ebro River and the imposing rocky mass of the Sierra Cantabria, Rioja Alavesa is smallest sub-region with the highest elevation in the Denomination of Origin Rioja. The Sierra Cantabria protects the area from the cold and humid Northern winds, and the vineyards descend in terraces and ravines that shape this unique microclimate. For centuries the Basque region has been dedicated to vine growing, and the area is known for their use of Spain's native grape Tempranillo.
- This wine can be drunk now but will further improve if carefully stored for up to 10 + years
Product of Spain
Name and address
- Bodegas Faustino S.L.,
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019