Old Pulteney 12 Year Old Malt Whisky 70Cl
- Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Our Twelve Years Old is matured next to the sea exclusively in fine American oak ex-bourbon casks. Flickering from amber to gold and copper on the eye, subtly intense waves of fresh brine, toffee and salty sea air recollect the Caithness coastline, with honey, vanilla and spicy fruit washing across the palette in a faintly salty, long-lasting finish.
- Old Pulteney Twelve Years Old is matured in fine oak, hand-selected ex-bourbon casks, gently absorbing the distinctive sea air. Lively, with a delicate mineral-salted spiciness, Old Pulteney Twelve Years Old is a singular and evocative spirit - truly The Maritime Malt.
- Distillery Manager Malcolm Waring
- As the man behind the town's 19th Century fishing boom, Sir William Pulteney put Wick on the map, but today the Pulteney name is better known for its unique single malt whisky. Distilled and matured by the sea, the liquid in our casks is cocooned by salty air swept ashore on Arctic winds.
- During Wick's heyday as Europe's herring capital, the vessels, adorned with their generous, sparkling hauls of silver darlings, also carried fishermen in their droves. Exhausted after weeks of high seas hardship, the courageous seafarers who landed silver by the barrel were rewarded with liquid gold by the cask.
- Since 1826, Pulteney Distillery has endured everything nature and man can throw at it, including 25 years of prohibition. Old Pulteney is inseparable from the spirit of the harbour town it calls home which is why it will always be The Maritime Malt.
- Twelve Years Old
- Some say that back in the day our wash still had to be shortened to fit in the still house, resulting in its unusual shape today. What's certain is that the 'smugglers' kettles', as it's affectionately known, is the beating heart of the distillery, shaping the style of both our bottle and the precious whisky it harbours.
- The maritime malt
- Born in the port of wick Caithness
- Distilled and matured by the sea
- Pack size: 70cl
- Flickering from amber to gold and copper on the eye, subtly intense waves of fresh brine, toffee and salty sea air recollect the Caithness coastline, with honey, vanilla and spicy fruit washing across the palette in a faintly salty, long-lasting finish
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Scotland. Distilled, matured and bottled in Scotland
Name and address
- Distilled, matured and bottled by:
- Pulteney Distillery,
- KW1 5BA.
- Pulteney Distillery,
- KW1 5BA.
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
70 Centilitres ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values (Per 100ml)|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019