Tesco Large Sweet Potatoes Loose Class 1
Guideline Daily Amounts
- 5%of the reference intake
- <1%of the reference intake
- 1%of the reference intake
- 6%of the reference intake
- 2%of the reference intake
Number of uses
Preparation and Usage
Wash before use.
Time: 60 -75mins
Temp: 200°C/ 400°F/ Gas 6
Bake in a pre-heated oven for 60 - 75 minutes or until tender.
Time: 50 - 55mins
Temp: 200°C/ 400°F/ Gas 6
Peel potatoes and cut into even-sized pieces. Place in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, drain thoroughly.
Place in a roasting tin with a little oil and cook in a pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Turn once during cooking.
Time: 15 mins
Peel potatoes and cut into even-sized pieces.
Place in saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and
simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and serve.
For mash, cook as above, drain thoroughly and return to the saucepan.
Pierce with a fork.
Dry and wrap the potatoes in a sheet of kitchen paper.
Step: Cook on full power
Stand for 1 min
Cooking Warnings: All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
Why not try: Sweet Potato and Vegetables Burgers.
1 large sweet potato; 500g regular potatoes; 1 red pepper, roasted; ½ tsp chillies, chopped; 2 tbsp coriander, chopped; 140g breadcrumbs; 1 carrot, coarsely grated; 25g savoury seed mix; 3tbsp vegetable oil; 10 burger buns; 1 bag salad leaves; 5 tbsp tomato chutney; 200g cherry tomatoes (optional)
1. Peel sweet potato and cut into chunks.
2. boil until just tender. Meanwhile, peel the other potatoes, cut into chunks and boil until just tender.
3. Drain both pans well and mash togeher.
4. Chop red pepper and add to the mashed potato with chillies and coriander.
5. Season to taste.
6. Stir in about half the breadcrumbs, carrots and seeds to make a soft dough.
7. Mix well and shape into 10 burgers.
8. Lightly whizz remaining breadcrumbs in a food processor to make smaller crumbs (but not a powder).
9. Coat each burger.
10. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry 2-3 burgers at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden.
Serve in burger buns with lettuce and tomato chutney.
Add cherry tomatoes if desired.
|Typical Values||A serving contains||100g contains|
|Energy||413kJ / 98kcal||413kJ / 98kcal|
|* Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2023