- Energy611kJ 146kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 489kJ / 117kcal
- Sauternes AOC
- A sweet, luscious dessert wine with flavours of honey, dried apricots and baked fruits and a citrus refreshing finish. Made from hand picked grapes from a prestigious château in Sauternes and aged to enable the complex development of richness and flavour. A classic partner to Roquefort, duck liver pâté and fruit based desserts. Store in a cool dark place.
INGREDIENTS: Preservative (Sorbic Acid, Sulphur Dioxide, Nitrogen, Carbon Dioxide)
- Contains sulphites.
- A richly sweet, luscious white wine with baked fruits, hints of orange and a delicious honeyed texture
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Yvon Mau Producers Club
8 - Sweet and rich
85% Semillion, 13% Sauvignon, 2% Muscadelle
- Grapes are meticulously harvested by hand; the botrytised grapes are then repeatedly sorted so that only those perfectly affected by noble rot are used to create the final wine. Fermentation is temperature-controlled in the winery, after which the wine is placed in oak barrels and matured for around 18 months. The individual grape varieties are carefully blended after maturation.
- The Sauternes region has produced uniquely sweet style wines since well before the 18th century. The vagaries of climate from vintage to vintage, the extended length of time winegrowers must wait for noble rot (botrytis) to develop in the vineyards, and the time-consuming and meticulous harvesting techniques, combine to make Sauternes a very expensive, and very challenging, wine to produce.
- The Sauternes region is located about forty kilometres southeast of Bordeaux. There are five communes: Sauternes, Barsac, Fargues de Langon, Bommes and Preignac. The Sauternes region is unique in that it is dedicated to producing exclusively sweet style wines. It excels in the development of "noble rot", or Botrytis, which is the critical ingredient in producing these great, naturally sweet wines. Sauternes with blue cheese or foie gras are classic wine and food pairings; it also makes a delicious aperitif, or digestif after a meal.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 5 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool, dark place.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100mL contains||One glass (125 ml) contains|
|Energy||489kJ / 117kcal||611kJ / 146kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019