- Madeira Wine
- Madeira is made on the sub-tropical island of the same name situated in the Atlantic Ocean, some 400 miles off North Africa. Blandy's, established in 1811, is the leading producer of premium quality Madeira and still owned and managed by direct descendants of the founder, John Blandy. This is the richest style of Madeira, full bodied, rich and soft textured. It is a splendid after-dinner drink.
- Family owned for seven generations
- Wine of the Island of Madeira, Portugal
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulphites
- Deep gold brown colour with honey and raisins on the nose. Rich full-bodied and soft textured. Superb accompaniment to dessert dishes, especially fruit, cakes, chocolate puddings and soft cheeses.
Region of Origin
The Madeira Wine Company
Type of Closure
Tinta Negra Mole
- The grapes undergo fermentation on their skins with natural yeast in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. After approx. 48 hours, fortification with grape brandy takes place, arresting fermentation. The Madeira is transferred to 'estufa' tanks where it is cyclically heated and cooled over a period of 3 months. Ageing takes place in American oak casks for 3 years before the wine is racked and fined prior to being assembled and bottled.
- John Blandy established Blandy's Madeira in 1811. Today, the Blandy family continue to own and operate the Madeira Wine Company, preserving a tradition that has lasted over 200 years and seven generations.
- As an island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, the vineyards of Madeira are exposed to the ocean breeze. The north side of the island is cooler & more humid, whilst the south side, protected by the steep mountains, is warm & sunny. The vast majority of the vineyards are small in size and can be found from sea level up to an altitude of 800m, perched on small terraces known as "poios".
- This wine can be drunk now but will further improve if carefully stored for up to 3 years
Product of the Island of Madeira, Portugal
Name and address
- Bottled by:
- Madeira Wine Company S.A.,
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019