The Balvenie Doublewood Malt 70Cl
- DoubleWood Aged 12 Years Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Warehouse 24 is The Balvenie's community for whisky enthusiasts who want to delve a little deeper into the world of the handcrafted single malt.
- The Balvanie Doublewood acquires its complex yet rich and smooth taste from its maturation in two different types of oak cask.
- First Cask
- Whisky Oak
- Many years of maturation in Traditional whisky casks mellows the maturing spirit and Imparts Warming Layers of vanilla spiciness.
- Second Cask
- Sherry Oak
- Further maturation in European oak Sherry cask increases complexity, bringing fruity, honeyed Depths to the resulting Single Malt.
- Double Wood
- The traditional crafts of malt whisky making still flourish at the Balvenie distillery.
- The Balvenie Distillery has been owned and managed by the same independent family company for Five Generations. Nowhere else will you find a distillery that still grows its own barley, still malts in its own traditional floor maltings and still employs a Team of Coopers to tend all the casks and a Coppersmith to maintain the stills.
- The fifth rare craft is that of Malt Master, David Stewart. Over fifty years of experience enables him to Skillfully use different types of cask and different ages of spirit to craft The Balvenie range of single malts. Each expression has a distinctive taste, but all share a rich, honeyed character.
- Our Traditional Floor Maltings
- Today's maltings were built in the 1920s. Our maltmen turn the barley up to four times a day, seven days a week.
Distilled at The Balvenie Distillery Banffshire Scotland
- Matured in two distinct casks
- Handcrafted to be enjoyed responsibly
- Pack size: 70cl
Region of Origin