The Balvenie 12 Year Old Doublewood Single Malt Whisky 70Cl
- DoubleWood Aged 12 Years Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- To produce The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 Year Old, David Stewart MBE takes whisky that has spent at least 12 years in traditional whisky casks, American oak ex-bourbon barrels and hogsheads to mellow the maturing spirit and Impart warming layers of vanilla spiciness. He then moves it to Spanish oak ex-Oloroso sherry casks for an additional nine months to increase complexity, bringing fruity, honeyed depths to the resulting Single Malt. The whisky is then transferred to large oak vessels called “tuns” for 3-4 months to allow the whiskies to “marry”. This is an excellent introduction to a matured whisky for your collection and would also make a welcome gift for a loved one.
- Balvenie is one of the world's most loved Single Malt Scotch Whiskies. The multi-award winning Balvenie Distillery in Banffshire is famous for being the only one left in Scotland to retain the traditional crafts of whisky production. Nowhere else will you find a distillery that still grows its own barley, still malts in its own traditional floor maltings and still employs a team of coopers to tend all the casks and a coppersmith to maintain the stills. Meanwhile our maltmen turn the barley up to four times a day, seven days a week. The Distillery has been owned and managed by the same independent family company for five generations.
Distilled at The Balvenie Distillery Banffshire Scotland
- Pack size: 70cl
- Nose: Sweet fruit and Oloroso sherry notes, layered with honey and vanilla. Taste: Smooth and mellow with beautifully combined flavours of nutty sweetness, cinnamon spiciness and a delicately proportioned layer of sherry. Finish: Long and warming.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Preparation and Usage
- Serve neat, with a dash of water or over ice.
Name and address
- The Balvenie Distillery Co.,
- Balvenie Maltings,
- AB55 4BB.
- William Grant & Sons UK Limited,
- RG27 9XA.
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
70 Centilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019