Blue Dragon Crispy Sweet And Sour Chicken 220G
Sorry, this product is currently not available.
Sweet and Sour sauce with pineapple and rice vinegar with tempura batter mix.
For more recipe ideas visit our website: www.bluedragon.com
Blue Dragon's Restaurant Specials range is a great way of re-creating popular Oriental restaurant dishes in the comfort of your own home
There are three varieties available: Crispy Chilli Beef, Sweet & Sour Battered Chicken and Lemon Battered Chicken. These are easy 10-minute meal solutions, perfect for both a quick weekday meal or for a weekend treat. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Pack Size: 220g
Sauce made in the EU.
Tempura made in Thailand.
- No artificial colours or preservatives
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Water, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Tempura Batter Mix (14%) [Maize Starch, Wheat Flour, Rice Flour, Raising Agents (E450, E500, E341), Salt, Thickener (Xanthan Gum), Flavour Enhancer (Monosodium Glutamate), Spices], White Rice Vinegar (6%), Sugar, Concentrated Pineapple Juice (5%), Barley Malt Vinegar, Concentrated Tomato Paste, Modified Maize Starch, Pineapple, Pineapple Juice, Ginger Purée, Salt, Colours (Lutein, Paprika Extract)
- May Contain: Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame
- Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 2 days.
Produce of the EU
Origin Free Text:
Packed in the EU
Preparation and Usage:
Batter, Fry, Add Sauce
1. Heat vegetable oil in a medium sized frying pan. For best result, the oil should be approx. 1cm deep in the pan.
2. Dice 225g (about 2 medium chicken breasts) into 2-3 cm sized cubes. For best result, pat dry with kitchen roll to remove any excess moisture.
3. To make the batter, thoroughly whisk the contents of the cap with 60ml water (fill the empty cap up to the point where the cap widens). The consistency should be thick, similar to double cream, and should stick to the back of a spoon. Add the chicken cubes and ensure each piece is well coated with batter.
4. Before frying the chicken, test that the oil is hot enough by adding a drop of the batter to the oil. If it sizzles and instantly floats to the surface, the oil is ready. Make sure the oil is not smoking hot.
5. Gently place each piece of battered chicken into the oil. Carefully separate any chicken pieces that stick together. Turn each piece when the bottom side turns a light golden colour.
6. Once all the chicken pieces are golden on both sides (approx. 5 min.), remove them from the oil using a slotted spoon and place onto some kitchen roll to soak up any excess oil.
7. In a separate saucepan, heat the sauce and stir occasionally until it is piping hot, but don't allow it to boil.
8. Place chicken into a serving bowl, drizzle the sauce over and serve immediately. Delicious!
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 5 minutes
- Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
Name and Address:
AB World Foods Ltd,
AB World Foods Ltd,
Freephone UK: 0800 0195 617
ROI: 0044 800 0195 617
220 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.0g|
|of which sugars||19.6g|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013