Cauldron Smoked Smoked Tofu 200G
Sorry, this product is currently not available.
Did you know...
...the Chinese have been using Soya for thousands of years as an excellent source of protein, which is naturally low in saturated fat.
Keep in touch...
For exciting recipe ideas and to share your cooking experiences, visit www.cauldronfoods.co.uk
For more delicious recipes and more about cooking with Tofu, visit our website at www.cauldronfoods.co.ukwww.cauldronfoods.co.uk
Tofu has the amazing ability to absorb the flavours of the ingredients it is cooked with. It is high in protein and incredibly versatile. Use in soups, stir-fries and curries. It's perfect for adventurous cooks who love to try different recipes and flavours from the Far East.
Pack Size: 200g
Per 1/2 pack Energy 500kJ 120kcal 6%, Fat 6.8g 10%, Saturates 1.3g 7%, Sugars 0.6g 1%, Salt Trace <1% of an adult's reference intake (8400kJ/2000kcal)
Per100g Energy 500kJ 120kcal
No. of servings: 2
- Organic recipe
- Lightly beechwood smoked
- Exciting, authentic food deliciously prepared for you
- Made with non GM ingredients
- Vegetarian Society approved
- Suitable for vegans
Water, *Soybeans (36%), Firming Agent: Calcium Sulphate, Smoke Flavouring, *Produced under Organic Standards
- Nut Statement: Factory: Produced on a nut free site
- Keep refrigerated and eat by the date shown on the top of the pack.
- Not suitable for home freezing.
- Once opened keep covered in chilled water which should be changed daily and eat within 2 days.
Country of Origin:
Stir Fry (From Chilled): Draining and pressing will give extra firmness to the Tofu - this is especially good for stir-fries, curries etc. To do this remove packaging, drain the Tofu well and wrap in layers of kitchen roll. Press the Tofu block between two chopping boards and weight with a heavy pan or cookery book - for at least 10 minutes, the longer you press the firmer the texture. For best results stir fry in a little oil for 6 mins. Then add your favourite sauce and vegetables.
Serve and enjoy.
These are cooking guidelines only.
Preparation and Usage:
This product can be eaten straight from the pack.
Smoke Tofu Stir Fry
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 pack Smoked Tofu, drained & pressed cut into cubes
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 large florets broccoli
1 red pepper, finely sliced
6 baby corn sliced in half, optional
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 bunch spring onions, sliced
1 1/2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
noodles - stir fry ready to wok
25g roasted cashew nuts to garnish, optional
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick wok and brown the tofu for 2-3 minutes, remove from pan and reserve.
2. Add the remaining oil and stir fry the broccoli, red pepper and baby corn on a high heat for 5 mins or until just tender, adding a little water to the vegetables if they begin to burn.
3. Add the garlic and chilli, fry for 1 min, then toss through the spring onions and tofu.
4. Add the hoisin, soy sauce and noodles and stir fry for 3-4 mins. Scatter over the cashew nuts to garnish, if using and serve.
- Free From Genetically Modified Ingredients
- Card - Widely Recycled Carton
Plastic - Not Currently Recycled Film
Marlow Foods Ltd,
Get in touch...
We'd love to know what you think...
Cauldron Consumer Care,
Marlow Foods Ltd,
Tel. No: 0845 7413 666 or visit our website at the address above
200 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values as sold Per 100g||as sold Per 1/2 Pack|
|of which saturates||1.3g||1.3g|
|of which sugars||0.6g||0.6g|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013