Big And Juicy Whole Cooked Lobster 400G
Sorry, this product is currently not available.
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
A 100g serving provides
Whole Cooked Canadian Lobster
Quick and easy luxury
This Big&Juicy Canadian Lobster is very easy to use. It has been previously cooked so only requires defrosting by placing in the fridge overnight.
For your enjoyment ensure that it is fully defrosted before use.
A healthy option
Lobsters are high in Iodine, Vitamin E and Selenium. Iodine contributes to a normal metabolism, vitamin E contributes to cell protection, and Selenium contributes to the normal function of the immune system. Our lobsters are also low in fat so are perfect to reinvigorate your good intentions.
Our Big&Juicy Canadian Lobsters are caught in the icy waters off the coast of the picturesque Prince Edward Island in the North West Atlantic. They are fished by the island fishermen and are cooked and frozen straight from the sea so they are as fresh as when they were first landed.
Their taste is delicate and sweet and being pre cooked they are the ultimate convenient luxury seafood. So by preparing your Big&Juicy lobster in your own favourite way or following our helpful easy eating guide, they make the ultimate luxury dinner or ideal indulgent snack.
Now get cracking!
Love our Lobster
Prince Edward Island
Pack Size: 400g
- Crackingly good lobster!
- From the icy waters of Prince Edward Island in Canada
- Canadian certified North West Atlantic Lobster
- Vitamin E contributes to cell protection
- Selenium contributes to the normal function of the immune system
Whole Cooked Canadian Lobster (Homarus Americanus) (Crustacean)
- Keep frozen at -18ºC (or below).
- Consume within 36hrs once thawed. Keep refrigerated below 5ºC. Do not refreeze once defrosted.
Fish Catch Area:
Caught by pots and traps in the Northwest Atlantic from an MSC-certified sustainable fishery
Preparation and Usage:
To defrost whole lobster. Remove the outer packaging. Keeping the lobster in the bag, place on a plate and leave in the fridge overnight. Once defrosted remove the bag and pull the lobster, tail first, from the net. Then simply crack and serve!
How to dress and present your lobster
1. Twist the claws from the body of the lobster.
2. Turn the lobster over onto its back and pull back the tail. Using a sharp knife cut along the entire length through the main body to the tip of the tail so cutting the lobster into two halves.
3. Remove and discard the stomach sac at the mouth and wash the main body part under running water.
4. Remove the tail meat and place in the opposite half turning upside down to expose the attractive markings of the meat.
5. Break the arm from the claw and crack open the shell to extract the arm and knuckle meat. Evenly place inside each half of the main body shell.
6. Crack open the claw and extract the meat as a whole. Place on top of the arm & knuckle meat of each half.
7. Finally extract meat from the pincers and also place this alongside the extracted meat.
8. Garnish with fresh lemon mayonnaise and serve with a fresh leafy salad.
How to Crack Your Lobster for Easy Eating
Cracking a Lobster can be quite a daunting experience for first timers so we have created a simple eight step guide to help you enjoy your Lobster. A gentle warning you might want to wear a bib!
1 Remove the claws from the body of the lobster by twisting off.
2 To remove the meat from the claw, crack with a nut cracker or tap lightly with a hammer.
3 Remove the tail by arching the back until it cracks.
4 Bending the tail flat, break off the bony flippers to get to the meat.
5 Use a fork to push the meat out of the tail.
6 Pull apart the shell to reveal the meat and discard the dark stomach sac.
7 Crack in half to open remaining body and extracts this excellent meat.
8 Use a lobster pick or skewer to remove the meat that is in the legs.
The Big Prawn Co Ltd,
The Big Prawn Co Ltd,
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100g edible portion||%RDA|
|of which saturates||0.4g||-|
|of which sugars||0.2g||-|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013