Tesco Everyday Value Sponge Mix 230G
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
One-sixth of a cake contains
Vanilla flavour sponge mix.
Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Sugar, Dextrose, Raising Agents (Glucono-Delta-Lactone, Sodium Bicarbonate), Palm Oil, Rice Starch, Emulsifiers (Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids, Mono- and Di-Glycerides of Fatty Acids), Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Flavouring
- For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Store in a cool, dry place and once baked in an airtight container.
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Not suitable for microwave cooking.
Sponge mix makes: 2x 20cm (8 inch) cakes.
You will need:
1 medium egg; 75ml (5 tbsp) water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C /Gas Mark 6.
2. Grease and line two deep 20cm sandwich tins.
3. Empty the sponge mix into a large mixing bowl and add the egg and water.
4. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until smooth.
5. Divide the mixture equally between the two tins and bake in the centre of
the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling
Number Of Uses:
Name of recipe suggestion
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100g contains||One-sixth of a cake (49g) contains|
|Energy||1324kJ (313kcal)||649kJ (154kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Other Nutrition Info:
When made up according to instructions.
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013