Doves Farm Xanthan Gum 100G
Add to basket
Gluten Free Xanthan Gum
Improve the crumb structure and reduce crumbling in gluten free baking with this natural binder.
Pack Size: 100g
- Gluten free
- Vegetarian Society approved
- Suitable for coeliacs
- Kosher - KLBD Parve
- Free From: Cereals Containing Gluten, Gluten
- Packed in a UK factory that does not use gluten, wheat, milk, peanuts, sesame, egg or soya
- Replace lid & store in a cool dry place.
- Best before: see lid.
Origin Free Text:
Ingredients from more than one country. Packed in the UK
Preparation and Usage:
How to Use Xanthan Gum
Xanthan gum can help to bind gluten free bread and baked goods. If it is not already included in your flour blend, mix 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum with 500g of plain flour for bread, 1/4 tsp to 200g flour for cakes and a pinch per 100g flour for pastry.
Gluten Free Bread
Oven 220°C/Fan 200°C/425°F/Gas 7
500ml warm water
1 tsp quick yeast or original yeast
500g Doves Farm gluten free plain white flour blend
2tsp xanthan gum
1. Mix the warm water, sugar & yeast, leave 15 minutes.
2. Put the flour, xanthan & salt into a bowl and mix well.
3. Stir the yeast liquid then beat this into the flour.
4. Fold in the oil.
5. Spoon into an oiled 1kg/2lb bread tin.
6. Smooth the top and leave to rise for about an hour until double in size.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 50/55 minutes.
Doves Farm Foods,
Doves Farm Foods,
100 Grams ℮
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013