Caster Sugar 2Kg
Sorry, this product is currently not available.
Get the most out of your home baking by visiting BakingMad.com
Thousands of tried and tested delicious recipes for every occasion
Guidance and helpful tips including video tutorials
Advice on the best ingredients and how to use them
Don't forget to join the Baking Mad club to receive exclusive recipes and offers
Did you know this is the only sugar grown in Britain?
The sugar beet we use travels fewer miles than any other from the fields around Bury St Edmunds in East Anglia, and is then made into our range of homegrown sugars for families all over the country.
Silver Spoon Caster sugar is perfect for lighter baking because of its fine crystals.
Silver Spoon Caster makes your cakes lighter and meringues melt in your mouth.
Why not try...
...Decorating your cupcakes with Silver Spoon Fondant Icing for that professional touch
By Appointment to HM the Queen Manufacturers of Sugar, British Sugar plc Peterborough
Pack Size: 2kg
- The only sugar grown in Britain
- From the homegrown sugar people
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Sugar is a natural preservative and if stored in a cool dry place will keep indefinitely.
Number Of Uses:
500 Number of Servings per Pack 500
Ultimate Cupcakes (Makes 12)
150g softened butter
150g Silver Spoon Caster sugar
3 eggs at room temperature, beaten
1 tbsp Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract Blend
2 tbsp milk
150g Allinson Nature Friendly Self Raising Flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/Fan 160c/Gas Mark 4. Line a cup cake tin with cup cake cases.
2. In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and pale. You can use a wooden spoon or an electric whisk.
3. Beat the eggs together lightly with a fork, then add gradually to the butter and sugar mixture, beating really well until the mixture is combined.
4. Using a large metal spoon fold in the vanilla extract, milk and flour, lifting the mixture in a figure of eight to scoop up the flour and fold it in. Do this as lightly as you can to keep all the air in your mixture.
5. Using a dessert spoon, place a rounded spoonful in each cake case. Bake for about 15 minutes or until risen with a golden top. The cakes should feel firm and springy when touched in the centre.
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove from the tin and place on a wire rack, allowing them to cool completely.
- Paper - Widely Recycled Bag
Name and Address:
We take every care to ensure that this product reaches you in perfect condition. If you are not entirely satisfied please return to Customer Services at the address on this pack stating where and when you purchased. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
2 Kilograms ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g||Per Average Serving: 1 teaspoon (4g)|
|of which saturates||0g||0g|
|of which sugars||100g||4g|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013