J.F. Mills Yellow Cake Mix 500G
Add to basket
Luxury Yellow Cake Mix Custard Flavoured
Pack Size: 500g
- Rich'n moist
- Add eggs, oil & water
- Product of Jamaica
Sugar, Wheat Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Fats (Soybean (Soya) and Cottonseed in varying proportions), Dextrose, Modified Starch, Salt, Raising Agents (E541, E341), Flavouring, Vegetable Oil (Soybean (Soya)), Stabiliser (E466, E451), Emulsifiers (E471, E435, E322 (Soya)), Colour (E102, E129)
- "Store in a cool, dry place"
- Wrap in foil and refrigerate.
- Best Before: See packet
Country of Origin:
Origin Free Text:
Product of Jamaica
Preparation and Usage:
Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease pan generously and dust lightly with flour. Empty mix into medium size mixing bowl. Add 3 eggs, 1/4 cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil and mix at low speed for 2 minutes.
Scraping sides of bowl add 1/2 cup water and mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour batter into floured pan and bake as follows:
One 33cm (13") x 23 cm (9") pan -35-40 minutes
One 23cm (9") round pan -30-35 minutes
Two 20cm (8") layers -25-30 minutes
Two 23cm (9") layers -25-30 minutes
Cool cake in pan on cooling rack for 15 minutes and remove from pan. Frost only when completely cooled.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
One (1) packet yellow cake mix, 3 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 3/4 cup water, 9 slices pineapple, 9 whole cherries, 3 tbsp. pineapple juice, 1 tbsp. cherry juice, 1 tbsp. granulated sugar, 2 tbsp. melted butter.
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease one 33cm x 23cm (9"x13") baking pan and dust lightly with flour. Line with waxed (grease proof) paper.
2. Empty packet into mixing bowl, add 3 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup water and mix for 2 minutes at low speed.
3. Add the rest of the water and juices and mix for another 2 minutes at medium speed.
4. At the bottom of prepared pan, add melted butter and sprinkle sugar over it. Place pineapple slices on top of the butter and sugar. Decorate with cherries by placing pieces into the holes of the pineapple slices.
5. Pour cake batter on top of pineapples and cherries.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until done.
7. Remove from pan and invert cake into wire rack and leave to cool.
The side with the pineapples and cherries will be on top.
Frosting Mix not Included
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk
Beat butter in small bowl with an electric mixer until soft and creamy. Gradually add sifted icing sugar, cocoa powder and milk, beat until it becomes easy to spread.
Warning: colours E102 & E129 may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g|
|Energy||1800kj / 430kcal|
|of which saturates||2.7g|
|of which sugars||49g|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013