Tesco Carnaroli Risotto Rice 500G
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
Italian long grain carnaroli rice.
Carnaroli risotto rice. Considered the best risotto rice. Following cooking the grains remain al dente, yet plump and creamy. Excellent at adopting the most subtle flavours
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal using tab provided
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Number Of Uses:
Recipe: Butternut squash, sage and pine nut risotto.
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total time:55 minutes
Ingredients:1 small knob (25g) of butter; 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced;
2 cloves garlic, chopped; 400g Tesco Carnaroli Risotto rice; 150ml Italian dry
white wine; 1.5 litres vegetable stock; 125g pack creamy Gorgonzola, cubed;
2tbsp pine nuts, toasted; ground black pepper; 8 sage leaves, finely chopped.
1. Melt the butter in a large pan.
2. Add the pieces of squash and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes to
3. Stir in the garlic, sage and rice and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the wine and cook on a high heat for 2-3 minutes until the liquid has
5. Pour in half the stock and leave to cook for about 10 minutes, or until the
liquid has absorbed, stirring occasionally.
6. Pour in the rest of the stock and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, stirring
until all the liquid has absorbed. When cooked the rice should be "al dente" -
tender but firm in the centre.
7. Stir through the cheese then quickly divide between bowls. Top each serving
with toasted pine nuts and ground black pepper.
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100g contains||75g contains|
|Energy||1473kJ (347kcal)||1105kJ (260kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Other Nutrition Info:
75g of uncooked rice weighs approximately 190g when cooked.
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013