Jane Asher Smarties Faces 239G
Sorry, this product is currently not available.
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
Each cake typically contains
Cupcake mix with an icing mix, chocolate beans and sugar decorations
For ingredients, equipment, other recipes and more ideas: www.janeasher.com
"These Silly Faces Cupcakes not only taste delicious but are such fun to decorate: see how many different expressions you can make with the beans and the silly faces, then share them with your friends. Happy Baking!"
Why not try one of the other...
My First Baking Kit
Choco Bean Cookie Mix
Pack Size: 239g
- Add 1 egg & water
- Preparation time 10 mins, baking time 15 mins
- Suitable for vegetarians
Cupcake Mix (50%) [Wheatflour, Sugar, Vegetable Oil (Palm, Rapeseed), Raising Agents (Glucono Delta Lactone, Sodium Bicarbonate), Cornflour], Icing Mix (42%) [Icing Sugar, Anti-Caking Agent (Tricalcium Phosphate)], Chocolate Beans (6%) [Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whey Powder, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Whole Milk Powder, Soya Lecithin, Gum Arabic, Carnauba Wax, Beeswax, Colours: Riboflavin, Copper Chlorophyll, Beta Carotene, Beetroot Red, Anthocyanin, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide], Sugar Plaques (2% [Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Vegetable Oil (Palm Kernel), Invert Sugar Syrup, Water, Emulsifiers (Acacia Gum, Mono- and Di-Glycerides of Fatty Acids), Humectant (Glycerine), Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum), Emulsifier (Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose), Colours (Riboflavin, Vegetable Carbon, Beetroot Red, Anthocyanins)]
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat, Milk, Soya
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Country of Origin:
Origin Free Text:
Produced in the UK
Number Of Uses:
12 Makes 12 cupcakes
Silly Faces Cupcake Kit
Please note cooking appliances may vary, these are given as a guide only. We recommend that children are supervised by an adult when baking.
You will need
Whisk or mixer
1 medium egg
Mixing bowl & jug
1. Pre heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven) / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
2. Separate the paper cake cases and put them into a bun tray or on a baking sheet.
3. Empty the cake mix into a mixing bowl, add one medium egg and whisk on medium speed for 1 minute - or mix well with a wooden spoon. (If you're using a wooden spoon don't worry if the mixture seems lumpy).
4. Add 30ml (2 tablespoons) of water and whisk the mix on full speed for 1 minute - or whisk by hand, until it looks creamy.
5. With a teaspoon, carefully divide the mixture equally between the cases.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 12-15 minutes until the cakes have risen and are a golden brown colour. Put the cakes on a cooling rack to cool completely.
1. In a jug mix the icing mix with 10-15ml (2-3 teaspoons) of water, adding a little extra water drop by drop until the icing is runny but not watery.
2. Carefully pour the icing onto each cake. Decorate with Choco Beans and some Silly Faces and leave to set.
Jane's Hints and Tips:
It's easy to make lemon or orange-flavoured cupcakes: add the finely grated zest of half an orange or lemon to the cupcake mix when you add the water, and use some of the juice instead of water when you mix the icing.
Name and Address:
If you have any comments or suggestions write to us at:
239 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g (baked as directed)||Per 28g Fairy Cake (baked as directed)|
|Energy||1606 kJ||448 kJ|
|-||380 kcal||106 kcal|
|of which Sugars||58.7g||16.4g|
|of which Saturates||2.8g||0.8g|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013