Doves Farm Gluten & Wheat Free White Bread Flour 1Kg
Add to basket
Gluten free white bread flour blend
A flour blend milled from naturally gluten and wheat free rice, potato, tapioca, and natural gum. This is an alternative to wheat bread flour. Follow our recipe to make great gluten free white bread.
At Doves Farm we make biscuits, cookies and a large range of bread, cake and speciality flours.
"We are passionate about home baking and also believe that what we eat today will effect our health tomorrow. As well as being a satisfying and rewarding activity, when you bake at home you can select the best quality, local and seasonal ingredients, and be certain of what has gone into your food. You and your family will enjoy great tasting home made food. We often double the recipe and when baked, freeze half to eat at a later date.
In our mill we make a large range of flours from many different natural grains, beans & seeds without adding refined gluten or enzymes. We blend specific grain varieties to ensure that the resulting flour has the optimum characteristics for the type of baking it will be used for.
This flour was designed to be used in place of wheat flour so the whole family could enjoy eating the same thing at meal times. It is very absorbent so add a little extra liquid when following your own recipes. For bread making it is important to follow our special recipe."
Michael & Clare, Doves Farm
Pack Size: 1Kg
Produce of more than one country.
Packaging Material: paper
- Gluten free
- Suitable for coeliacs
Flour Blend (Rice, Potato & Tapioca), Xanthan Gum
- Free From: Gluten
- To keep your flour at its best, roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
Preparation and Usage:
Oven Baked White Bread
Follow this basic recipe to bake a great alternative to wheat based bread. We do not recommend using traditional bread recipes with gluten free flour.
Oven 220°C/Fan 200°C/425°F/Gas 7
450g/16oz White Bread Flour
2tsp Quick yeast
325ml/11floz Warm milk
1. Mix together the flour, salt, yeast and sugar.
2. In a large bowl beat in the milk, vinegar and eggs.
3. Add the flour and mix to form a sticky dough.
4. Continue mixing adding the oil.
5. Place the dough in an oiled 1kg/2lb bread tin, cover and leave to rise in warm place for 1 hour.
6. Bake in a pre heated oven for 40/45 minutes.
Combine the white bread ingredients with the following additional ingredients to make great family pizza.
Oven 200°C/Fan 180°C/400°F/Gas 6
6tbsp Tomato puree
1 Onion sliced
2 Courgettes sliced
1tbsp Mixed herbs
100g/4oz Grated cheese
1. Follow the oven baked bread recipe and spread the dough out onto a large oiled oven dish.
2. Spread the top with tomato puree and cover with sliced onion and courgette, mixed herbs and grated cheese.
3. Leave to rise for 30 minutes then bake in a pre heated oven for 40/45 minutes.
Machine White Bread
To follow our recipe select one of the following basic quantities of flour and corresponding amounts of salt, yeast, sugar, vinegar, oil and milk. Alternatively select the special gluten free programme and recipe if available on your machine.
Milk: Medium; 310g/12oz, Large; 465g/18oz
Vinegar: Medium; 1tsp, Large; 1 1/2tsp
Oil: Medium; 6tbsp, Large; 9tbsp
Eggs: Medium; 2, Large; 3
Flour: Medium; 450g/16oz, Large 675g/24oz
Salt: Medium; 1tsp, Large; 1 1/2tsp
Sugar: Medium; 2tbsp, Large; 3tbsp
Yeast: Medium; 2tsp, Large; 3tsp
1. Weigh the milk into a bowl then beat in the vinegar, oil and eggs. Pour this into the machine pan.
2. Add the flour, salt and sugar to the pan and stir with a spoon.
3. Sprinkle the yeast on top.
4. Start machine on normal bread programme.
5. After a few minutes mixing, lift the machine lid and using a plastic spatula scrape down the sides of the pan. Do not use fingers.
6. Continue machine on normal baking programme.
Doves Farm Foods,
Doves Farm Foods,
1 Kilograms ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.2g|
|of which sugars||0.1g|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013