Tesco Cous Cous 500G
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
80g cooked contains
Durum wheat semolina.
A great alternative to rice and pasta
Durum Wheat Semolina
- Allergy Advice! For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal using the tape provided.
Number Of Uses:
Goat's cheese and balsamic stuffed peppers.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
4 large peppers
100g Tesco Cous Cous
100ml water, boiling
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 plum tomatoes, deseeded and diced
20g fresh basil, finely chopped
60g soft vegetarian goat’s cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC (fan180oC), Gas Mark 6.
2. Slice the peppers in half lengthways through the stalks and then remove the
seeds. Place on a baking tray and roast in the centre of the preheated oven
for 30 minutes, until the peppers have softened.
3. Meanwhile, mix the cous cous and water together in a medium sized bowl.
Cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed
by the cous cous, then use a fork to separate the grains.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a low heat and fry the onion
for 3 minutes until soft and translucent, then add the balsamic vinegar and fry
for a further 3 minutes.
5. Stir the onions, tomatoes and basil into the rehydrated cous cous until
6. Fill the peppers with the cous cous mixture, crumble the goat’s cheese over
the top and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes, until the goats cheese
has browned slightly.
Serve with a crisp salad.
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100g cooked contains||80g cooked contains|
|Energy||452kJ (107kcal)||362kJ (85kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Other Nutrition Info:
When cooked according to instructions.35g of uncooked couscous weighs approximately 80g when cooked.
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013