Tesco Golden Caster 1Kg Bag
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
Each teaspoon contains
Golden Caster Cane Sugar
- In certain weather conditions this sugar may harden. To soften, place the sugar
- in a basin, cover with a damp cloth and leave overnight.
- Store in a cool, dry place and once opened in an airtight container.
more than one country
Number Of Uses:
Try this recipe...
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Baking Time: 40 minutes
Makes;24 little pieces
50gTesco Golden Caster Sugar
150g Butter Softened
175g Tesco Plain Flour
25g Rice Flour
175g Tesco Golden Caster Sugar
4 tbsp Golden Syrup
397ml Condensed milk
300g Dark Chocolate Pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/FAN 140°C/Gas Mark 3. Line a 20cm x 23cm tin with
baking paper, making sure the paper overhangs slightly so it makes it easier to
remove finished cake.
2. To make the shortbread layer: Place the sugar, butter and flours into a food
processor, whiz until soft dough is made. Spoon into the prepared tin and press
lightly to form a smooth base. Chill for 20 minutes. Bake for 35 minutes or
until golden. Leave to cool.
3. To make the caramel: Place the butter, sugar, golden syrup and condensed
milk into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the butter has melted.
4. Simmer and stir the mixture gently for 5 minutes or until the mixture has a
5. Once the caramel has cooled, chop the chocolate and place in a bowl
suspended over a pan of simmering water. Stir the chocolate until melted.
Spread evenly over the caramel and allow to set.
6. When ready to serve remove from the tin using the paper to help and cut into
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100g contains||Each teaspoon (5g) contains|
|Energy||1693kJ (398kcal)||85kJ (20kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013