Whitworths Semolina 500G
Add to basket
Making the world of difference.
Delicious and ideal for hot or cold puddings and desserts.
A Delicious Low Fat Food.
WOW Did you know?
Semolina is made from one of the world's most sought after types of wheat, durum wheat, which is sourced from the rolling plains of North America and Central Asia, as well as parts of Europe. Following harvest, the wheat is carefully milled to produce fine golden grains of Semolina.
Semolina is also a wonderful ingredient when making fresh pasta
BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II MANUFACTURERS OF PROVISIONS AND DRIED FRUIT.
WHITWORTH Ltd IRTHLINGBOROUGH.
Pack Size: 500g
MICROWAVEABLE IN 11 MINUTES.
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat
- Store in a cool dry place. Once opened keep in an airtight container.
Cooking Instructions (From Chilled/Ambient): Semolina Pudding.
50g (2oz) Whitworths Semolina.
600ml (1pt) Semi-Skimmed Milk.
25g (1oz) Caster Sugar.
It is important to follow either metric or imperial weights.
Oven cook (From Chilled/Ambient): 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat the semolina and milk in a large saucepan, then bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
3. Simmer gently for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar.
5. Pour into an ovenproof dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Microwave (From Chilled/Ambient): Based on a 650W Microwave Oven.
1. Put 50g (2oz) of semolina and 50ml (2 fl.oz) of milk into a large microwaveable bowl and mix to a smooth paste.
2. Gradually add the rest of the pint of milk and mix.
3. Cook on full power for 5 minutes and stir well.
4. Cook for a further 2 minutes and stir.
5. Cook for a further 2 minutes and stir in the sugar.
6. Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
(Additional stirring will also be beneficial).
Name and Address:
CARELINE If you have any questions or comments, please:
Telephone us on:
FREEPHONE 0800 917 7424
Or write to us at:
If you are not entirely satisfied with this product please return it to the above address, stating when and where purchased.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
500 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g Uncooked Product|
|of which sugars||0.7g|
|of which saturates||0.3g|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013