Whitworths Semolina 500G
Add to basket
For more great recipe ideas, check out the Whitworths website at www.whitworths.co.uk
For more information & tempting recipes log on to: www.whitworths.co.uk
Delicious and ideal for hot or cold puddings and desserts
Pack Size: 500g
- A delicious low fat food
- Suitable for vegetarians
Durum Wheat Semolina
- Store in a cool dry place. Once opened keep in an airtight container.
- Best before end: see top of pack
Origin Free Text:
Product of more than one country. Packed in the UK
Number Of Uses:
20 This pack contains 20 servings
100g Whitworths Semolina
1.2 litres semi skimmed milk
25g caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (Fan 160°C), Gas Mark 4.
2. Stir 100g of semolina and 1.2 litres of semi-skimmed milk together in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Stir in 25g of caster sugar and transfer to a large deep sided ovenproof dish, lightly greased with butter.
4. Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until a lightly browned skin has formed on the surface of the pudding.
1. Stir 100g of semolina and 1.2 litres of semi-skimmed milk together in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
2. Reduce the heat to low and gently simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Stir in 25g of caster sugar and serve immediately.
Almond & Cherry Slices
Makes: 14 Slices
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
85g unsalted butter
15g plain flour
225g ready to roll pastry
30ml cherry jam
50g Whitworths Semolina
50g Whitworths ground almonds
125g caster sugar
1 medium egg, beaten
1/4 tsp almond extract
15g Whitworths flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (Fan 140°C), Gas Mark 3.
2. Use 10g of the butter to lightly grease a 28x18cm baking tray.
3. Lightly dust a work surface with the plain flour and roll out the pastry to a thickness of approximately 5mm.
4. Use the rolling pin to lift the pastry and place it over the baking tray. Press the pastry onto the base and sides of the tin and use a knife to trim around the edges.
5. Spread the jam evenly over base of the pastry.
6. Melt the remaining butter and mix together with the semolina, ground almonds, caster sugar, beaten egg and almond extract, in a large mixing bowl until evenly combined.
7. Pour the mixture into the pastry case and scatter the flaked almonds over the top.
8. Bake in the centre of the preheated oven to 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and the sponge is springy to touch.
9. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes before cutting into 14 slices.
Serve warm with vanilla custard or enjoy cold with a cup of tea.
Name and Address:
Whitworths range of products are at the highest quality from all over the world. They are selected and packed to meet our very demanding specifications. They are checked at every stage, both in the country of origin and here in the UK to ensure that they reach you in perfect condition. At Whitworths, our passion for quality ensures that you can enjoy the best taste every time.
If you have any questions or comments call: 01933 654340
Or write to us at:
500 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values As Sold per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.2g|
|of which sugars||Trace|
|This pack contains 20 servings||-|
|When oven cooked according to instructions 25g of uncooked semolina weighs approximately 220g||-|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013