Doves Farm Gluten Free Flour 1Kg
Add to basket
Gluten free plain white flour blend
A flour blend milled from naturally gluten and wheat free rice, potato, tapioca, maize and buckwheat. This is an alternative to everyday wheat flour which will require a little extra liquid in most recipes.
At Doves Farm we make biscuits, cookies and a large range of bread, cake and speciality flours.
'We are passionate about home baking and also believe that what we eat today will effect our health tomorrow. As well as being a satisfying and rewarding activity, when you bake at home you can select the best quality, local and seasonal ingredients, and be certain of what has gone into your food. You and your family will enjoy great tasting home made food. We often double the recipe and when baked, freeze half to eat at a later date.
In our mill we make a large range of flours from many different grains, beans & seeds. We blend specific grain varieties to ensure that the resulting flour has the optimum characteristics for the type of baking it will be used for.
This flour was designed to be used in place of wheat flour so the whole family could enjoy eating the same thing at meal times. It is very absorbent so add a little extra liquid when following your own recipes.'
Clare & Michael, Doves Farm
Pack Size: 1Kg
Produce of more than one country.
Packaging Material: paper
- Gluten free
- Suitable for coeliacs
Flour Blend (Rice, Potato, Tapioca, Maize, Buckwheat)
- Free From: Gluten
- To keep your flour at its best, roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
Preparation and Usage:
Gluten Free Pastry
This pastry will appear a little wet at first but will absorb the liquid when it is resting.
Oven according to your recipe
200g/8oz Plain White Flour Blend
4tbsp Cold water
1. Using a fork mash the butter into the flour until it has the appearance of lumpy breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in the water and bring the pastry together into a ball of dough.
3. Wrap in cling film and rest pastry for at least 30 minutes.
4. Roll the pastry out on a floured surface, between two pieces of cling film or simply press into the baking dish using your fingers.
5. Add your filling and cut away any pastry that hangs over the edge of the dish.
6. Bake according to your recipe.
Gluten Free Victoria Sponge
Use this flour with added baking powder to make great sponge cakes. The cake mixture needs to be a little sloppy but will quickly absorb the liquid.
Oven 190°C/Fan 170°C/375°F/Gas 5
150g/6oz Softened butter
150g/6oz Caster sugar
2 drops Vanilla essence
1 tsp Baking powder
150g/6oz Plain White Flour Blend
3tbsp Milk (or soya/rice milk)
3 tbsp Jam
1tsp Icing sugar
1. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time followed by the baking powder, flour and milk.
3. Divide between 2 oiled and lined 20cm/8" round baking tins.
4. Bake in a pre heated oven for 15/20 minutes.
5. Turn the cakes out on to a wire rack to cool.
6. Spread jam on top of one sponge and place the other on top.
7. Dust the top with sieved icing sugar.
Chocolate Sponge Cake
Combine the Victoria Sponge ingredients with the following additional ingredients to make chocolate sponge layers.
3tbsp Chocolate spread
1. Follow the Victoria Sponge recipe adding the cocoa after the flour.
2. Bake as per the recipe and when cold sandwich layers together with chocolate spread instead of jam.
Gluten Free White Sauce
This basic white sauce can easily be transformed with the addition of grated cheese or sliced mushrooms and is ideal for pouring over cooked vegetables.
50g/2oz Plain White Flour Blend
425ml/15floz Milk (or soya/rice milk)
to taste Salt & pepper
1. Gently heat the butter, flour and milk in a saucepan stirring all the time.
2. Continue stirring as the sauce thickens and bring to the boil to cook.
3. Add seasoning to taste.
Oven 170°C/Fan 150°C/325°F/Gas 3
250g/10oz Plain White Flour Blend
150g/6oz Caster sugar
450g/1lb Cooking apples
75g/3oz Brown sugar
1. Combine the flour, caster sugar and butter with a fork until the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Peel & slice the apples into a deep ovenproof dish. Mix in the brown sugar & cloves.
3. Spread the flour mixture over the fruit & bake in a preheated oven for 50/60 minutes.
Doves Farm Foods,
Doves Farm Foods,
1 Kilograms ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.2g|
|of which sugars||0.4g|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013