Terms and Conditions
You are covered against the repair or replacement cost of Your Insured Item in the event of Accidental Damage during the Period of Cover.
The words and phrases defined below have the same meaning wherever they appear in bold in this policy document.
Administrator/We/Us/Our - SquareTrade Limited
Certificate of insurance - the document sent to you via electronic or physical mail and attached to the policy document, sent electronically to you at the time of purchase, defines the period of cover and insured item.
If the item is purchased in store, the policy document is the receipt attached to the Terms and Conditions.
Insured item - the covered item described by your certificate of insurance.
Period of cover - the cover period defined on your certificate of insurance.
You/your - the person named on the certificate of insurance.
Insurer and FSA Details
This insurance is underwritten 100% by AmTrust International Underwriters Limited.Registered in Ireland 169384, Registered Office: 40 Westland Row, Dublin 2, Ireland.AmTrust International Underwriters Limited is authorised and regulated by the CentralBank of Ireland and is licensed to operate in the United Kingdom by the Financial Services Authority, register number 203014.
This insurance is administered by SquareTrade Limited, Registered in England No. 7165194. Registered Address: 48 - 54 Charlotte Street, London, W1T 2NS SquareTrade Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority under registered number 538538.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
You may be entitled to compensation from either the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in the UK or from the Insurance Guarantee Scheme (IGS) in Ireland if the Insurer cannot meet its liabilities under this policy. The level of compensation provided will depend on the circumstances of the claim. Further information is available from FSCS at either www.fscs.org.uk or by phoning 0800 678 1100 or from the Central Bank of Ireland at PO Box 559 Dame Street Dublin 2.
Accidental Damage Cover - We will cover your insured item if it fails to operate as the result of an accident.Examples of accidents covered include drops, spills and liquid damage associated with the handling and use of the insured item. It does not provide protection against theft, loss, reckless or abusive conduct, cosmetic damage, damage that does not affect unit functionality, or damage caused during shipment between you and our service providers.
Breakdown Cover - Insured item failures due to mechanical or electrical breakdown during normal use are covered by the item manufacturer's warranty. Please contact your item manufacturer or retailer for service.
Limit of Coverage
The maximum liability under this Contract shall be the original purchase price of the insureditem, excluding delivery charges. If you have received repairs or replacements up to the valueof the original purchase price of the insured item or a cash settlement or a gift card for the replacement cost of a new item of equal features and functionality, your policy will immediately end.
How we will Service your Item
Depending on the item and failure circumstances, at our sole discretion, we will either:
- Repair your insured item, or;
- Provide a cash settlement or a gift card reflecting the replacement cost of a new itemof equal features and functionality up to the price paid for the insured item, or;
- Provide a new product of the same model.
Place of Service
We will provide a free prepaid shipping label to our authorised service centre for repair,replacement or settlement. For fragile items we may also provide you with a free prepaid Shipping Box to send your item tous. You will be responsible for safe packaging and shipment. If the authorised service centre determines the item is in working condition or is not covered by your Service Agreement,we will return the item to you or dispose of it at your request. If you do not submit the insured item we will not be able to consider your claim.If you receive a cash settlement or gift card or a replacement, then we may take possession ofthe original item and dispose of it. If we choose not to take possession of the original item, we will not be responsible for any disposal charges.
If your product needs repair while you are travelling outside of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, you must indicate that you are travelling when you file your claim. Worldwide service does not include shipping or on-site service. If you do not wish to pay for shipping to and from our service centrein the UK, you can obtain service by taking the Covered Product into an authorised service centre and submit to us a copy of the detailed service repair invoice that identifies the insured item, the repair authorisation number, and athorough description of the repair made. This documentation should be faxed or emailed to us.
We will reimburse you within 5 business days of receipt of all necessary paperwork, provided acovered repair was performed.In the event of a covered breakdown, you must call SquareTrade for the repair to be authorised.
How to Make a Claim
In the event of a covered breakdown, call SquareTrade Limited on 0808 189 1453 or 0203514 2354 between 9am and 6pm, 7 days a week to explain the problem.We will attempt to troubleshoot the problem you are experiencing. If we cannot resolve the problem, you will be contacted by an authorised service centre or we shall provide a postage label or prepaid packaging to send the unit for service. Service will be provided at an authorised service centre within a reasonable time of your request.
You have the right to cancel this insurance at any time during the period of cover by calling0808 189 1453 or 020 3514 2354, between 9am and 6pm, 7 days a week.
You may transfer this policy to another person by calling 0808 189 1453 or 020 3514 2354between 9am and 6pm, 7 days a week. We will not pay for any transportation damage occurring whilst the item is being shipped to a new owner.
Your insured item is not covered for:
- Any cost for the replacement or reinstatementof any data, software, information or musicstored on the insured item.
- Damage caused by:
- Commercial use of the item
- Abuse, misuse, neglect of the insured item
- The weather such as lightning, rain, flood and high winds
- Accessories or peripherals beyond those thatcome included with the product
- Any form of portable external storage media,such as tapes, CD's and DVD's
- Software, programming, or any form of electronic virus
- Repair costs for:
- Work which relates to a manufacturer's recall of the insured item.
- Disposable/customer replaceable items suchas removable batteries.
- Repairs carried out by persons not authorised by us.
- Any cost suffered as a result of not being able touse the insured item or any cost other than the repair or replacement cost of the insured item
- Any damage to your insured item which doesnot affect the operation, function or safety of the insured item
- Any cost for damage resulting from delivery or installation of the insured item
- Any cost for routine maintenance, adjustment, modification, or servicing
- Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the insured product and failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions or installation guidelines
- Any costs covered under the manufacturer's warranty.
- War, terrorism, act of foreign hostilities(whether war be declared or not), civil commotion, or contamination by nuclear radiation.
- Damage to product(s) with removed or altered serial numbers.
Other Conditions and Limitations
- This insurance only applies to items purchasedas new. There is no cover for items describedas 'used' or 'second-hand'
- You must be over 18 years of age to take out this insurance cover.
- This insurance is limited to insured items purchased by residents of England, Scotland,Wales, and Northern Ireland and purchased in the United Kingdom.
- All aspects of the policy, including negotiation and performance, are subject to English lawand the decisions of English courts.
- This insurance is automatically cancelled, if you submit a claim knowing it to be false,fraudulent or a misrepresentation, in which case we may refer the matter to the Police.
- You may be requested to submit to us the damaged insured item for inspection. If youdo not submit the insured item we will notbe able to consider your claim. We will pay forshipping the item to us.
- If you receive a cash settlement or gift cardor a replacement because the original item isconsidered uneconomical or not possible to repair, then we may take possession of theoriginal item and dispose of it. If we choose not to take possession of the original item,we will not be responsible for any disposal charges
- You must provide proof of purchase of the insured item in the event of a claim, such as a purchase receipt from the retailer of the insured item
SquareTrade's goal is to provide you with the best service possible at all times. If for any reason you are not satisfied with our service, contact SquareTrade and we will promptly review your case and respond to you. You can contact SquareTrade at:
Customer Experience Manager,
48 - 54 Charlotte Street,
We will contact you immediately after receiving your complaint to inform you of what action we are taking and explain our complaint handling process to you. Once you have received your final response from us, and if you are still not satisfied you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service: Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall,London, E14 9SR. By telephone on 0845 0801800 or 0300 1239 123 or by email: email@example.com
The details supplied to create your warranty will be stored and used by the Administrator, SquareTrade Limited. This information may be shared and exchanged with the insurer or other third parties for the purpose of providing insurance and handling claims and repairs. Your personal details may be transferred outside the EU. They will at all times be held securely and handled with the utmost care in accordance with all principles of English and Irish law.