Catalogue Number: PJ2-S27C
- Author: Anthony Lee,John Robinson,Janet Robinson
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Amberley Publishing
- Published: 04 October 2012
- ISBN: 9781445610764
Buy on Tesco Direct from:
Do you want us to email you when this product is back in stock?
Clubcard Boost now on Make your vouchers go further
How does it work?
- Your vouchers are waiting for you at the Tesco direct checkout
- Add the vouchers you want to use and they will double automatically
- The value of your Boost vouchers will be taken from your order, saving you money
Bonus: If the value of your Boost vouchers is more than your order, you'll receive the difference in Clubcard points!Continue shopping
Margate was one of the first English seaside resorts. From the 1730s it set out to attract visitors, particularly from London, who came by coach and sailing ship to take advantage of the fine sandy beaches and healthy air. Fashionable squares and terraces overlooking the sea were built to house the visitors and much of this Georgian and Victorian heritage remains, and is illustrated in this book.The book starts with a pictorial description of Old Margate, based on a walk described in The Steam Boat Companion published in 1834. The two following chapters describe the expansion of the town westward to Westbrook and eastward to Cliftonville. The pairs of old and new pictures show a town with a long history making a new future for itself.