Bath towels buying guide
From white cotton to a multitude of colours, from a simple hand towel to a luxurious bath sheet, you can bring new life to your bathroom just by accessorizing it with the right linen. You can choose from different types of cotton - check for the thread count: the higher the fabric, the better the quality; you can opt for the classic plain look or go for a fun patterned design.
Tesco standard towels
Our 100% combined cotton towels come in four standard UK sizes:
|Face Cloth||30 x 30cm|
|Hand Towel||50 x 90cm|
|Bath Towel||70 x 127cm|
|Bath Sheet||100 x 150cm|
Our standard range of 540gsm towels is available in a wide choice of trendy and fashionable colours. Woven from high quality, combed cotton, the long loops of this 100% cotton towel enhance its performance and absorbency, which will last wash after wash.
An extra process is used to make combed cotton that reduces the shorter, thicker fibres so that when the cotton is spun a more lustrous, smoother yarn is produced. This is the most important characteristic when manufacturing superior quality towels.
Our Finest Hygrocotton towels come in four generous sizes:
|Face Cloth||33 x 33cm|
|Hand Towel||50 x 100cm|
|Bath Towel||70 x 130cm|
|Bath Sheet||100 x 150cm|
These 600gsm pure 100% cotton towel are affordable luxury to help you make the most of your pampering time. Our Finest range is made from Hygrocotton, a unique cotton yarn with a hollow core to trap air after tumble or line drying, so the towels get plumper and fluffier. These premium towels are available in seven discerning colours.
Caring for your towels
- We recommend that you wash your towels before use.
- Always follow the washing instructions given on the towel label to guarantee long term enjoyment of your Tesco towels.
- Do not dry clean your towels.
- Limit the use of fabric conditioner. Whilst they give your towels a soft feel, overuse of fabric conditioner leaves a coating on the towels and reduces their absorbency.
- Bleach will remove colour from your towels permanently. Try to ensure they do not come into contact with surface or bathroom cleaners.
- Some facial cleansers and skin treatment contain benzoyl peroxide, which has the same effect as bleach. Rinse hands and face thoroughly after using these products to avoid damage that may only become apparent after the towels has been washed.
- Pulled threads occur when you catch loops on sharp objects. Do not pull loose threads, simply cut them off. Tesco towels are woven so threads will not run.