Christmas 2013 is over, but there's just 99 sleeps until Christmas 2014
Key dates 2014
- Christmas DayThursday 25th December
- Boxing DayFriday 26th December
- New Year's EveWednesday 31st December
- New Year's DayThursday 1st January
What is Christmas?
Christmas is an annual commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ and usually celebrated on 25th December by billions of people around the world. Find out more about Christmas.
Interesting facts about Christmas
- Popular customs for Christmas include gift giving, Christmas music and caroling, Christmas cards, a special meal, and Christmas decorations, including Christmas trees, Christmas lights, nativity scenes, garlands, wreaths, mistletoe, and holly.
- It is widely believed that Santa Clause wears a red suit because of Coca-Cola, but this isn't the case. St Nicolas had appeared many time in his famous scarlet and white coat prior to Coca-cola being established as a company.
How to make your Christmas really special
Christmas is a time to give gifts, play Christmas music and caroling, an exchange of Christmas cards.
Make Christmas dinner really special with our Christmas recipes, including festive favorites, how to videos showing you how to prepare and cook the perfect turkey and homemade goodies that will make excellent edible gifts.
Celebrate Christmas in style with delicious canapés and decadent cocktail. Help with your Christmas party planning from Tesco real food.
Make your home truly festive with our wonderful Christmas decorations, including Christmas trees, Christmas lights, tinsel, garlands and wreaths.
There are lots of ideas for Christmas all year round from Tesco Living online. Everything from Christmas crafts to Christmas budgeting tips.
Save for Christmas and earn yourself a bonus with Clubcard.
Christmas Savers lets you save up your vouchers all year, then receive them just in time for Christmas. You can even top them up with your own money and earn handy bonus vouchers.
Christmas store opening hours
Our store opening hours change during the Christmas period. Most stores have extended opening hours in the lead up to Christmas, while all stores are closed on Christmas Day, and hours may be reduced on the bank holidays. Please check Store Locator in December for more specific details about your nearest Tesco store's opening hours.