- Organic First Infant Milk
- Follow us on Facebook: @SMABabyClubUKIreland
- Moving to the next stage?
- Stage 2 6+ months
- SMA® Organic Follow-on Milk is tailored for babies from 6 months as part of a varied weaning diet. At 6 months your baby's development progresses quickly and their need for iron increases. SMA® Organic Follow-on Milk is enriched with iron to help support normal cognitive development in baby's brain. It also contains a blend of vitamins, including A, C & D to help support the normal function of baby's immune system, and is enriched with Omega 3 & 6† and iodine to help support normal growth.
- Stage 3 12th month to 3 years
- From 12 months your baby will go through an amazing period of growth and development and their nutritional needs will change. SMA® Organic Growing Up Milk is nutritionally enriched to help support children's healthy growth up until their 4th birthday. It contains vitamin D and calcium to support the normal growth and development of bones. It also contains a blend of vitamins, including A, C & D to help support the normal function of a child's immune system.
- SCIENCE INSPIRED BY NATURE
- Our expert team at SMA® Nutrition is dedicated to understanding the complex structure of breast milk and to applying the learnings from nature to our own products.
- We have been leading baby nutrition research for over 100 years and have now produced SMA® Organic First Infant Milk, a nutritionally complete breast milk substitute, expertly created with nature in mind to support babies' unique nutritional needs. SMA® Organic Milk is sourced from certified organic farms, and meets strict EU Organic requirements.
- The cows that produce our high quality organic milk spend time outside where they can graze on green pastures and are fed organic feed.
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- Stage 1 From birth
- First Infant Milk
- Breast Milk Substitute
- Nutritionally complete
- Easy to digest
- Enriched with Omega 3 & 6 LCPs
- Pack size: 800g
Organic Skimmed Milk, Organic Lactose (Milk), Organic Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed), Organic Whey Protein (Milk), Organic Maltodextrin, Minerals (Calcium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Citrate, Sodium Phosphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate), Fish Oil (DHA), Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Choline Bitartrate, L-Phenylalanine, Vitamins (C, E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamin, A, B6, Folic Acid, K, D, Biotin, B12), Inositol, L-Histidine, L-Tryptophan, Antioxidant (Tocopherol-Rich Extract), L-Carnitine
Store in a cool, dry place., Use within 4 weeks of opening., For best before, see base of can.
Place of Provenance
Produced in Europe
Preparation and Usage
- Feeding Guide Birth - 12 Months
- Approx. age of baby: Birth - 2 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.4kg, 7 1/2lb; Preparation for single feeds: 3 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 90ml, 3 fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2 - 4 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.7kg, 8lb; Preparation for single feeds: 4 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 120ml, 4 fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 4 - 8 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 4.2kg, 9 1/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 4 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 120ml, 4 fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2 months; Approx. weight of baby: 5.3kg, 11 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 5 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 150ml, 5 fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 3 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.1kg, 13 1/2lb; Preparation for single feeds: 6 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 180ml, 6 fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 4 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.7kg, 14 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 6 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 180ml, 6 fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 6 months; Approx. weight of baby: 7.6kg, 16 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 8 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 240ml, 8 fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 4
- Approx. age of baby: 7 - 12 months; Approx. weight of baby: -kg, -lb; Preparation for single feeds: 7 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 210ml, 7 fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 3
- This table is a guide only; your baby may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you require more advice, consult your healthcare professional. Remember to feed your baby on demand. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30 ml (approx. 1 fl. oz.) of water. Approx. 186 scoops per can. 1 scoop = 4.3 g
- How to open and prepare your baby's feed
- Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- 1 Pull the safety seal and open the lid. The scoop is provided under the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
- 2 Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- 3 Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure the required amount of water (see feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle, carefully - the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- 4 Using only the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide), levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store the scoop in suspension inside the can and replace lid.
- 5 Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well until powder is fully dissolved. Cool bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the teat. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
- Important Feeding Information
- Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop.
- Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
- We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles when required.
- For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible.
- For older babies, made-up formulae can be added to food.
- Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed.
- Do not warm feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
Name and address
- Produced for:
- SMA® Nutrition,
- 1 City Place,
- RH6 0PA.
- In Republic of Ireland:
- Guarantee: This product should reach you in perfect condition: If it does not please call us and we will be happy to investigate this for you. We will need some details, so please do not dispose of the pack or its contents. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- SMA careline®
- Here to support you with your parenting and feeding queries
- UK 0800 081 81 80 - www.smababy.co.uk
- ROI 1800 931 832 - www.smababy.ie
- SMA® Nutrition,
- 1 City Place,
- RH6 0PA.
- In Republic of Ireland:
- 3030 Lake Drive,
- Citywest Business Campus,
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. Infant milk are suitable from birth when babies are not breastfed and should only be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist, or other professionals responsible for maternal and child care. When bottle-feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Always hold your baby while feeding. Do not leave baby unattended as they might choke.
800 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100 ml Prepared Feed|
|of which, saturates||0.3 g|
|of which, unsaturates||3.3 g|
|of which, sugars||6.7 g|
|Vitamin A||61 µg|
|Vitamin D||1.7 µg|
|Vitamin E||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin K||4.9 µg|
|Vitamin C||11.6 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.04 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0.19 µg|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.41 mg|
|ɑ-linolenic acid (ALA)||50 mg|
|Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)††||17.4 mg|
|Linoleic acid (LA)||516 mg|
|††LCPS = Long Chain Polyunsaturates||-|
|Contains DHA (as required by the legislation for all infant formula)||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019