- Anti-Reflux From Birth
- Why choose SMA® PRO Anti-Reflux?
- Unique combination of digestible starch and 100% whey, partially hydrolysed protein for the dietary management of reflux and regurgitation.
- SMA Pro Anti-Reflux when baby is bringing back their feeds. A nutritionally complete formula for the dietary management of babies with significant reflux (regurgitation/spitting up), when they are not being breastfed. It can be used as the sole source of nutrition from birth in place of your usual formula feed, and can be mixed with foods once weaning has begun. Reflux often occurs because a baby's digestive system is immature.
- SMA PRO Anti-Reflux contains starch as thickener which helps the feed settle more easily in baby's tummy, and easy to digest 100% whey, partially hydrolysed protein. You may notice a change in baby's stool when changing to SMA PRO Anti-Reflux. This due to the different ingredients and is normal.
- New SMA® PRO Anti-Reflux.
- Food for Special Medical Purposes.
- SMA® PRO Anti-Reflux contains a unique combination of digestible starch and 100% whey, partially hydrolysed protein for the dietary management of reflux and regurgitation.
- SMA PRO Anti-Reflux is a nutritionally complete formula for the dietary management of babies with significant reflux/regurgitation when they are not being breastfed. It can be used as the sole source of nutrition from birth in place of your usual formula feed, and can be mixed with foods once weaning has begun.
- Reflux often occurs because a baby's digestive system is immature.
- For babies currently using SMA Staydown, this product may be used in its place.
- New easier preparation. Thicker formula, may require a fast flow teat.
- SMA PRO Anti-Reflux is available in 800g.
- The current SMA Staydown formula will remain available/ to be ordered through your local pharmacy for a few more months.
- This product must be used under medical supervision.
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- For the dietary management of reflux and regurgitation
- Food for special medical purposes
- Thickened formula, helps baby's feed to stay down
- Easy to digest
- Pack size: 800g
Lactose (Milk), Potato Starch, Partially Hydrolysed Whey Protein (Milk), Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Coconut, Rapeseed), Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, L-Arginine, Sodium Chloride, L-Histidine, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine, Potassium Phosphate, Vitamin C, Taurine, Inositol, Ferrous Sulphate, Nucleotides (Cytidine-, Disodium Uridine-, Adenosine- Disodium Guanosine-5'- Monophosphate), L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulphate, Antioxidants (Tocopherol Rich Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate), Pantothenic Acid, Niacin, Vitamin E, Copper Sulphate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Vitamin K, Sodium Selenate, Biotin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12
Store in a cool, dry place., Use within 4 weeks of opening., For best before, see base of can.
Origin Free Text
Produced in Europe
Preparation and Usage
- Feeding guide birth - 12 months
- Approx. age of baby: Birth - 2 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.4kg, 7 1/2 lb; Preparation for single feeds: 3 Level scoops, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 90ml, 3fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2 - 4 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.7kg, 8lb; Preparation for single feeds: 4 Level scoops, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 120ml, 4fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 4 - 8 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 4.2kg, 9 1/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 4 Level scoops, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 120ml, 4fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2 months; Approx. weight of baby: 5.3kg, 11 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 5 Level scoops, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 150ml, 5fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 3 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.1kg, 13 1/2lb; Preparation for single feeds: 6 Level scoops, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 180ml, 6fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 4 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.7kg, 14 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 6 Level scoops, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 180ml, 6fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 6 months; Approx. weight of baby: 7.6kg, 16 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 8 Level scoops, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 240ml, 8fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 4
- Approx. age of baby: 7 - 12 months; Preparation for single feeds: 7 Level scoops, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 210ml, 7fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 3
- This table is a guide only; your baby may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you require more advice, consult your healthcare professional. Remember to feed your baby on demand. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30 ml (approx. 1 fl. oz.) of water.
- Important feeding information
- Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
- For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible.
- For older babies, made-up formula can be added to food but not heated.
- We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles when required.
- For enteral use only.
- Do not use with other feed thickeners or antacids.
- Do not alter or add to product unless medically directed.
- Do not warm feeds in a microwave as it will cause milk to thicken, and hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
- If you are currently using SMA Staydown Anti-reflux, this product can be used in its place.
- Preparing your baby's feed
- Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- 1. Pull the safety seal and open the lid. The scoop is provided under the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
- 2. Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 3. Boil 1 litre of tap water. Allow to cool for no more than 30 minutes before measuring the required amount of water (see feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle, carefully - the water is hot. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle. Cool bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the teat. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- 4. Using only the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide), levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store the scoop in suspension inside the can and replace lid.
- 5. Shake bottle well until powder has fully dissolved. Test temperature by shaking a few drops on to the inside of your wrist- milk should be lukewarm.
- Thicker formula, may require a fast flow teat.
- Practical and hygienic
- Scoop can be stored in suspension inside the can
Number of uses
182 Approx. 182 scoops per can. 1 scoop = 4.4g
Name and address
- SMA Nutrition,
- 1 City Place,
- RH6 0PA.
- In Republic of Ireland:
- 3030 Lake Drive,
- This product should reach you in perfect condition. If it does not, please call us and we will be happy to investigate this for you. We will need some details, so please do not dispose of the pack or its contents. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- SMA Nutrition,
- 1 City Place,
- RH6 0PA.
- In Republic of Ireland:
- 3030 Lake Drive,
- Citywest Business Campus,
- Dublin 24.
- SMA careline
- We're here for you
Important notice Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. This product must be used under medical supervision. SMA PRO Anti-Reflux is a special formula intended for the dietary management of bottle-fed babies when significant reflux (regurgitation) is a problem. It is suitable as the sole source of nutrition up to 6 months of age, and in conjunction with solid food up to 12 months of age. If the baby's reflux does not improve within 2 weeks of starting SMA PRO Anti-Reflux, or if the baby fails to thrive, the family doctor should be consulted. SMA PRO Anti-Reflux is not suitable for Halal or vegetarians or those who are allergic to cows' milk protein, lactose intolerant, or who suffer from galactosaemia or require a galactose free diet. When bottle-feeding do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Always hold your baby while feeding. Do not leave baby unattended, as there is a risk they might choke.
800 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100 g powder||per 100 ml prepared feed|
|Energy||2146 kJ 513 kcal||280 kJ 67 kcal|
|Fat||26 g||3.4 g|
|of which, saturates||7.4 g||1 g|
|of which, unsaturates||18.6 g||2.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||60 g||7.8 g|
|of which, sugars||39 g||5.1 g|
|of which, starch||20.7 g||2.7 g|
|Protein||9.8 g||1.3 g|
|Salt* (= Sodium x 2.5)||0.5 g||0.07 g|
|Vitamin A||522 µg||68 µg|
|Vitamin D||6.6 µg||0.9 µg|
|Vitamin E||9.1 mg||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin K||39 µg||5.1 µg|
|Vitamin C||69 mg||9 mg|
|Thiamin||0.5 mg||0.07 mg|
|Riboflavin||1.2 mg||0.15 mg|
|Niacin||5.4 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.36 mg||0.05 mg|
|Folic Acid||81 µg||10.6 µg|
|Vitamin B12||1.1 µg||0.14 µg|
|Biotin||11.2 µg||1.5 µg|
|Pantothenic Acid||4.8 mg||0.6 mg|
|Sodium||200 mg 8.7 mmol||26 mg 1.1 mmol|
|Potassium||550 mg 14.1 mmol||72 mg 1.8 mmol|
|Chloride||381 mg 10.7 mmol||50 mg 1.4 mmol|
|Calcium||353 mg 8.8 mmol||46 mg 1.2 mmol|
|Phosphorus||196 mg||26 mg|
|Phosphate||6.3 mmol||0.8 mmol|
|Magnesium||52 mg 2.2 mmol||6.8 mg 0.3 mmol|
|Iron||5.3 mg||0.7 mg|
|Zinc||5 mg||0.7 mg|
|Copper||0.44 mg||0.06 mg|
|Manganese||0.11 mg||0.01 mg|
|Fluoride||≤0.06 mg||≤0.01 mg|
|Selenium||18 µg||2.4 µg|
|Chromium||≤20 µg||≤2.6 µg|
|Molybdenum||≤20 µg||≤2.6 µg|
|Iodine||77 µg||10 µg|
|Taurine||32 mg||4.2 mg|
|Choline||56 mg||7.3 mg|
|Inositol||40 mg||5.2 mg|
|L-Carnitine||16 mg||2.1 mg|
|Nucleotides||15 mg||2 mg|
|a-linolenic acid (ALA)||500 mg||65 mg|
|Linoleic Acid (LA)||4100 mg||536 mg|
|*Salt is calculated as sodium x 2.5. Sodium is present for nutritional purposes||-||-|
|Osmolality 240mOsm/kg H2O||-||-|
|SMA PRO Anti-Reflux contains Taurine and Nucleotides||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016