Craft And Origin Shiraz 50Cl
- Shiraz - Red South African Wine
- When you turned the bottle around did you expect to see a whole lot of marketing BS about vineyards and slopes and how drinking this wine with exotic food you've never heard of will make your life complete? Wrong All we want to give you is permission to kick back and enjoy this bottle with fine friends.
- Integrity & Sustainability Certified
- Wine and Spirit Board
- Wine of Western Cape, South Africa
- Hand crafted and hand harvested
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Pack size: 50cl
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Deep, vibrant ruby coloured. Pungent spice and fruit on nose, coupled with the blackcurrant/raspberry aromas. Light - Medium bodied palate with very soft easy tannin structure and length
Region of Origin
Home of Origin WIne (Pty) Ltd.
Type of Closure
D - Medium bodied
- The grapes were harvested in the early morning to preserve all the flavours and aromas. After gentle destalking, the grapes are crushed and moved to stainless steel tanks where pre-fermentation maceration takes place for 3 days at 10 degrees Celsius. Standard maceration follows with 2 pump overs and the grapes left to ferment until dry
- The vines were planted between 2000 and 2004. Choice of cultivar clone and rootstock were well selected in the rich soils that the Western Cape offers. Vines are pruned to deliver well balanced crop and vineyard practices gets managed accordingly. The need for irrigation gets monitored on a weekly basis to ensure the vines never stress during ripening phase
- A Mediterranean climate dominates the Western Cape with the coastal regions influenced by nearby oceans - The Cold Benguala current (Atlantic ocean) from the South Pole flows along the western coast and the warmer Mozambique current (Indian ocean) follows the South coast
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 1 year
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Wine of South Africa
Number of uses
4 Bottle contains 4 glasses
Glass - Widely Recycled Bottle
Name and address
- Produced by:
- Home of Origin Wine,
- Origin Wine Ltd.,
- OX16 9UX,
- Origin Wine Ltd.,
- OX16 9UX,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
50 Centilitres ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100ml:||Per 125ml glass:|
|Energy||320kJ / 77kcal||401kJ / 97kcal|
|Bottle contains 4 glasses||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016