- Syrah - Red French Wine
- This wonderfully attractive Syrah is blessed with aromas of baked black cherries and dark berry fruits. In the mouth the wine is both fresh and rounded with sweet cherry, violet and crushed red berry notes held together with a smooth and supple mouthfeel.
- Wine of France
- Red table wine
- Pack size: 75CL
- Contains Sulphites
- Baked black cherry, hedgerow berries, with attractive violet and crushed red berry fruit, smooth and supple with a sweet black cherry finish.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
- The red wines undergo a 2-3 day cold maceration at 10-12 deg C prior to the Alcoholic Fermentation. This is followed by 15-21 day extended maceration at 28-32 deg C with regular pumping over and gentle mechanical turning of the skins and the pulp for optimum extraction of tannins and polyphenols. The juice is then decanted to separate tanks and barrels for Malo-Lactic Fermentation
- Chateau Camplazens was acquired in 2001 by an English couple, Sue and Peter Close. A boutique vineyard and a jewel on La Clape in the heart of Languedoc in Southern France, however, it was not the stunning natural beauty of this very special place which was the main attraction, it was the wine itself. The Close Family Mission is to develop the potential of Camplazens to produce wines which are truly World Class and which best express the savours and aromas of this very special microclimate.
- Climatic conditions are ideal with over 3000 hours of sunshine annually, the highest of any part of the Northern Mediterranean. Summers are long and hot with the dominant dry NW wind interspersed periodically with periods of temperate sea mists. The vines of Chateau Camplazens grow in valleys and on slopes surrounded by limestone cliffs, pine forests and wild moorland or Garrigue, The Vineyard currently has 45 Hectares.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 3 years
Product of France
Preparation and Usage
- Utterly delicious, this wine can be enjoyed on its own or when paired with red meat dishes, BBQ food or cheese.
Name and address
- Bottled by
- Scea Camplazens,
- 11110 Armissan,
- Buttnaked Drinks Ltd
- Buttnaked Drinks Ltd
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2020