- Extra Hungry Infant Milk from Birth
- SMA Extra Hungry Infant Milk, for hungrier bottle-fed babies. Nutritionally complete with Omega 3 & 6 LCPs. It may help delay early weaning until the recommended time.
- Also available in liquids
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- For hungrier babies
- Omega 3 & 6 LCPs
- Combination & bottle-fed
- Specially tailored
- Suitable for vegetarians (powders only)
- Suitable for Halal
- Pack size: 800g
- With Omega 3 & 6 LCPs. It may help delay early weaning until the recommended time
Lactose (Milk), Skimmed Milk, Vegetable Oils (Palm, Coconut, Sunflower, Soya), Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (AA, DHA), Calcium Hydroxide, L-Cysteine, Vitamin C, Sodium Citrate, Inositol, Potassium Hydroxide, Taurine, Potassium Bicarbonate, Choline Chloride, Nucleotides (Cytidine-, Disodium Uridine-, Adenosine-, Disodium Inosine-, Disodium Guanosine-5'-Monophosphate), Ferrous Sulphate, Magnesium Chloride, Zinc Sulphate, Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate), Vitamin E, Niacin, Vitamin A, Pantothenic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulphate, Riboflavin, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K, Sodium Selenite, Biotin, Vitamin B12
Store in a cool, dry place., Use within 4 weeks of opening., For best before, see base of can.
Place of Provenance
Produced in Europe
Preparation and Usage
- Preparing your baby's feed
- Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile.
- Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- 1. Wash hands well. Sterilise all utensils according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 2. Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure the required amount of water (see feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle, carefully - the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- 3. Using the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide), levelling off each scoop with the back of a can dry knife. Replace plastic lid on can.
- 4. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well. Cool bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
- Feeding guide birth - 12 months
- Approx. age of baby: Birth - 2 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.4kg, 7 1/2lb; Preparation for single feeds: 3 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 90ml, 3 fl.oz (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2 - 4 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.7kg, 8lb; Preparation for single feeds: 4 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 120ml, 4 fl.oz (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 4 - 8 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 4.2kg, 9 1/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 4 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 120ml, 4 fl.oz (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2 months; Approx. weight of baby: 5.3kg, 11 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 5 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 150ml, 5 fl.oz (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 3 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.1kg, 13 1/2lb; Preparation for single feeds: 6 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 180ml, 6 fl.oz (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 4 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.7kg, 14 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 6 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 180ml, 6 fl. oz; Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 6 months; Approx. weight of baby: 7.6kg, 16 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: 8 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 240ml. 8 fl. oz; Feeds in 24 hours: 4
- Approx. age of baby: 7 - 12 months; Approx. weight of baby: - , - ; Preparation for single feeds: 7 Level scoops; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 210, 7 fl. oz; Feeds in 24 hours: 3
- This table is a guide only; your baby may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you require more advice, consult your healthcare professional. Remember to feed your baby on demand. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30 ml (approx. 1 fl. oz) of water.
- Important Feeding Information
- Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
- We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles when required.
- For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible and always within 2 hours.
- For older babies, made-up milk can be added to food.
- Never add any food to the milk in your baby's bottle.
- Do not warm feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
- Scoops may become submerged in the powder during transit.
Number of uses
186 Approx. 186 scoops per can. 1 scoop = 4.3 g
Name and address
- SMA Nutrition,
- 1 City Place,
- RH6 0PA.
- In Republic of Ireland:
- 3030 Lake Drive,
- This product should reach you in perfect condition. If it does not, please call us and we will be happy to investigate this for you. We will need some details, so please do not dispose of the pack or its contents. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- SMA Nutrition,
- 1 City Place,
- RH6 0PA.
- In Republic of Ireland,
- 3030 Lake Drive,
- Citywest Business Campus,
- Dublin 24.
- SMA careline®
- We're here for you
Important notice Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. Infant milks should only be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist, or other professionals responsible for maternal and child care. When bottle-feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Never leave your baby alone during feeding as there is a risk they might choke.
800 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100 ml prepared feed|
|Energy||280 kJ 67 kcal|
|of which, saturates||1.6 g|
|of which, unsaturates||2 g|
|of which, sugars||7 g|
|Salt* (= Sodium x 2.5)||0.06 g|
|Vitamin A||75 µg|
|Vitamin D||1.1 µg|
|Vitamin E||0.74 mg|
|Vitamin K||6.7 µg|
|Vitamin C||9 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.06 mg|
|Folic Acid||13 µg|
|Vitamin B12||0.18 µg|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.37 mg|
|α-linolenic acid (ALA)||42 mg|
|of which DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||7.1 mg|
|Linoleic Acid (LA)||520|
|Arachidonic Acid (AA)†||12.3|
|*Salt is calculated as sodium x 2.5 Sodium is present for nutritional purposes||-|
|†LCPs = Long Chain Polyunsaturates||-|
|SMA Extra Hungry Infant Milk contains Taurine and Nucleotides||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016