- Mucus Cough
- Guaifenesin & Levomenthol
- When you're suffering from a deep, chesty cough, but still want to get on with your normal daily routine, Benylin Mucus Cough works deep down to loosen phlegm, clear bronchial congestion, and make your cough more productive.
- What the medicine is for
- Benylin Mucus Cough is a medicine which is used to help relieve chesty coughs. It contains Guaifenesin (an expectorant) to help loosen mucus (phlegm) from the lungs and make it easier to cough up, and Levomenthol to help you breathe more easily by easing congestion.
- The medicine is for use in adults and children aged 12 years and over.
- What the medicine looks like
- Benylin Mucus Cough is a clear red syrup, available in 150 ml and 300 ml glass bottles.
- Aids a productive cough
- Thins and loosens chest mucus
- Reduces chest congestion
- Non-drowsy formulation
- Pack size: 150ml
The Active ArrayOfIngredient in 5 ml of Benylin Mucus Cough are: 100 mg Guaifenesin and 1.1 mg Levomenthol, Other ArrayOfIngredient are: Sucrose, Liquid Glucose, Ethanol, Glycerol, Sodium Citrate, Saccharin Sodium, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Sodium Benzoate (E211), Ponceau 4R (E124), Caramel (E150), Carbomer, Raspberry Essence, Natural Sweetness Enhancer and Water
Do not store this product above 30°C., Store in the original container.
Preparation and Usage
- Before taking this medicine
- This medicine is suitable for most people but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- How to take this medicine
- Check the table below to see how much medicine to take.
- For oral use only.
- Do not use more than the stated dose shown.
- Children under 12 years
- Do not use in children under 12 years.
- Adults and children aged 12 years and over
- Age: Adults and children aged 12 years and over, Dose: Take Two 5 ml spoonfuls four times a day.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
- If symptoms persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment
- Retain carton for full instructions.
Name and address
- Marketing Authorisation holder:
- McNeil Products Ltd,
- SL6 3UG,
- McNeil Products Ltd,
- SL6 3UG,
Lower age limit
Advisory Years : 12
Do not use this medicine... If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients. For a child under 12 years of age. If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Benylin Mucus Cough. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist... If you suffer from liver or kidney problems. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars. If you have had a cough for a few weeks that may be caused by asthma, or a cough which brings up a lot of mucus (phlegm). If you are taking alcohol. If you are not sure about any of the medicines you are taking, show the bottle or pack to your pharmacist. If any of these bullet points apply to you now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Some of the ingredients can cause problems This medicine contains sucrose and liquid glucose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product. This contains 3.49 g glucose per 5 ml. Contains 1 g of sucrose per 5 ml. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes mellitus. This medicinal product contains 5 vol % ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 200 mg per 5 ml, equivalent to 5 ml beer, 2 ml wine per 5 ml. This can be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. The ethanol content should be taken into account in pregnant or breast-feeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy. Ponceau 4R (E124) may cause allergic reactions. This medicinal product contains 16.42 mg sodium per 5 ml. To be taken into consideration by patients on a controlled sodium diet. If anyone has too much If anyone has too much contact a doctor or your nearest Accident and Emergency Department (Casualty) taking this pack with you. If you forget to take the medicine You should only take this medicine as required following the dosage instructions carefully. If you forget to take a dose, take the next dose when needed. Do not take a double dose. Possible side-effects Benylin Mucus Cough can have side-effects, like all medicines, although these don't affect everyone and are usually mild. If you experience any side-effects or are not sure about anything, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
150 Millilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016