- 100mg/5ml Oral Suspension Ibuprofen Strawberry Flavour
- Calprofen is a strawberry flavoured Ibuprofen Suspension for babies and children.
- It is used for the relief of:
- Fever (raised temperature), post-immunisation fever, teething and toothache, colds and influenza symptoms, sore throat, headache, minor muscular aches and pains
- Calprofen® is an ibuprofen only medicine from the makers of Calpol®
- Effective fever & pain relief
- Colour & sugar free
- Pack size: 100ml
- Sugar free
Each 5 ml of Oral Suspension contains 100 mg of Ibuprofen, Also contains: E965, E219 and E217
Do not store above 25ºC.
Preparation and Usage
- Read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
- This product is intended for use in children aged 3 months to 12 years.
- Not recommended for children under 3 months.
- Dosage: For oral use. Shake the bottle well before use. A double ended spoon is provided to measure doses of 2.5 ml and 5 ml.
- Post-immunisation fever: One small spoonful (2.5 ml), followed by another small spoonful (2.5 ml) six hours later if necessary.
- Do not give more than 2 doses in 24 hours.
- If fever is not reduced you should consult your doctor.
- For Pain and Fever Relief:
- Age: Babies under 3 months, Dose: Not recommended
- Age: 3 months - 6 months (weighing over 5 kg), One small (2.5 ml) spoonful 3 times a day. Do not use for more than 24 hours
- Age: 6 months - 12 months, Dose: One small (2.5 ml) spoonful 3 times a day
- Age: 1 year - 2 years, Dose: One small (2.5 ml) spoonful 3 to 4 times a day
- Age: 3 years - 7 years, Dose: One large (5 ml) spoonful 3 or 4 times a day
- Age: 8 years - 12 years, Dose: Two large (5 ml) spoonfuls 3 or 4 times a day
- Doses should usually be given every 6-8 hours, leave at least 4 hours between doses.
- Short term use only.
- Do not give to babies aged 3-5 months for more than 24 hours.
- Do not give to children aged 6 months and older for more than 3 days.
- If symptoms persist or worsen, consult your doctor promptly.
- Free From Colours
Name and address
- Product Licence holder:
- McNeil Products Ltd,
- SL6 3UG,
- McNeil Products Ltd,
- SL6 3UG,
Lower age limit
Advisory Months : 3
Do not give this product if your baby or child Has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding. Is allergic to Ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers. Is taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75 mg. Speak to a pharmacist or your doctor before giving this product if your baby or child Has or has had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems, or dehydrated. If you are an adult taking this product you should not take this product in the last 3 months of pregnancy and you should contact your doctor or pharmacist before taking it in the first 6 months of pregnancy, if you are trying to get pregnant, if you are elderly or if you are a smoker. DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE. KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
100 Millilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016