Tesco Finest 1531 Blanquette De Limoux 75Cl
- BLANQUETTE DE LIMOUX. PRODUCE OF FRANCE. APPELLATION D'ORIGINE CONTRÔLÉE
- The oldest sparkling wine, Blanquette de Limoux was first created by Benedictine monks. The best Mauzac, Chardonnay and Chenin grapes are blended and aged in bottle for 12 months to produce complex flavours of peach, green apples and a toasted brioche finish. Ideal as an aperitif or serve with seafood.
- Contains: CONTAINS: Sulphites.
- Free From: Nuts,
- - Contains Sulphites
- The best Mauzac, Chardonnay and Chenin grapes are blended and aged in bottle for 12 months to produce complex flavours of peach, green apples and a toasted brioche finish.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Mauzac, Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc
- Blanquette is predominantly made from the local grape variety Mauzac blended with Chardonnay and Chenin. The grapes are all hand harvested, only the first top quality pressing is used in this blend. The second fermentation takes place slowly in the bottle then the wine is aged for a minimum of 12 months producing a very aromatic wine.
- In 1531, the Benedictine monks from the Abbey of Saint-Hilaire were producing a still wine made with Mauzac, the local grape variety, and discovered the 2nd fermentation in bottle and the Blanquette de Limoux, the oldest sparkling wine in the world, was born. Mauzac, the main grape variety of Blanquette is specific to the Limoux area, locally it is known as “Blanquette”, due to a fine white down which forms on its leaves. In the local dialect Langue d'Oc Blanquette means white.
- The Limoux Vineyard, has a unique micro-climate, which covers 2000 hectares, its located in the South of France in the Pyrenean foothills 20 km from Carcassonne and its famous medieval castle. Extremely strict terroir based selection; state-of-the-art vinification techniques have made Limoux wines one of the most renowned AOC wines in the world.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 1 year
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool, dark place. To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within one year of purchase. Once open, drink within two days.
Number of uses
- DO NOT STORE AT HIGH TEMPERATURES OR SHAKE THE BOTTLE BEFORE OPENING.Open with care.
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||Each glass (125ml) contains|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016