- Vitamin & mineral tablets for pregnancy
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals
- Ideal during a pregnancy
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Pregnacare® works with:
- International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus
- Pregnacare® is proud to be the official Worldwide Partner of the Global Prevention Initiative
- Registered Charity www.ifglobal.org
- Supported by the Royal College of Midwives
- Pregnacare® supplements and the Royal College of Midwives; working with midwives for mothers & babies.
- Vitabiotics - Pregnacare (30 Tablets): Pregnacare is a scientifically developed formulation of 19 important vitamins and minerals, that contain vitamin B12, and also includes folic acid at exactly the level recommended for the development of the unborn baby. Other essential vitamins and minerals shown to help maintain a healthy pregnancy are also included. Pregnacare has been carefully developed by experts so that all ingredient levels are within safe levels for pregnancy and are moderate rather than excessive�Recommended level of 400mcg folic acid�The Department of Health recommends women planning a baby should take a supplement containing 400mcg of folic acid from the start of trying to conceive until the 12th week of pregnancy. This is the exact amount of folic acid contained in Pregnacare, but folic acid is also important after the first twelve weeks. As well as helping to maintain normal healthy development of the neural tube and nervous system, folic acid is required for foetal growth and is vital for cell division from a single cell to a fully developed baby.�More than folic acid alone�Many studies show the importance of ensuring the correct intake of various vitamins and minerals throughout the entire pregnancy and as part of an aftercare plan. Pregnacare provides a range of nutrients for overall support, all at sensible, carefully balanced levels.�Pregnacare avoids high dose iron which is not recommended�Unlike many prenatal iron supplements, Pregnacare has been specifically formulated with an ideal, moderate level of iron. High levels of iron are not recommended unless there is a particular requirement as identified by your healthcare professional.�Before conception�Pregnacare is recommended before conception to build up the stores of nutrients such as iron in women who are trying for a baby. Good nutrition is important to help prepare a woman's body for the additional demands placed on it during pregnancy. Certain nutrients, like folic acid, vitamin B12 and zinc, are also of particular importance from the very first moment of conception, for neural tube development and cell division.�For all of pregnancy�Good nutritional intake is vital throughout pregnancy, not just the first 12 weeks. Iron, B vitamins and folic acid are particularly important for blood formation later in pregnancy, when a mother must produce extra red blood cells for the baby's new blood supply. Pregnacare can be started at any point during pregnancy.�Ideal if breast-feeding�Optimum nutrition is valuable during breast-feeding, to assist the production of nutritious breast milk and to help replace a mother's reserves of vitamins and minerals, which may be reduced. Zinc is important for milk production and vitamin K is important to help the baby maintain healthy levels of blood clotting proteins. Antioxidant vitamins in breast milk, such as vitamin E, may also be important for the baby's immune system.�Specially formulated by experts�Pregnacare has been formulated by experts and is often recommended by health professionals including midwives and nurses to help safeguard a mother's diet. It provides a complete spectrum of essential nutrients at carefully chosen safe levels, developed on the basis of international research both recently and over the past 20 years. It has always contained the recommended level of 400mcg folic acid.
Vitabiotics Science of Healthy Living
- Expert nutrition through all of pregnancy
- A careful balance of 19 vitamins & minerals
- Iron, zinc, vits. D & B12, folic acid (400μg)
- UK's no. 1 pregnancy supplement brand
- Gluten free
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, lactose, yeast and gelatin
- Pregnacare is not tested on animals
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Zinc which contributes to normal reproductive health
Maltodextrin, Magnesium Oxide, Bulking Agent: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid [Carriers: Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose & Tartaric Acid]), Ferrous Fumarate, Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Capric/Caprilic Triglycerides, Natural Source Colours [Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides], Glycerin, Purified Talc), Zinc Sulphate, Anti-Caking Agents: Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid & Magnesium Stearate, Niacin (as Nicotinamide), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI), Betacarotene (Carriers: Starch, Water, Antioxidant: DL-Alpha Tocopherol), Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Salt), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin [Carriers: Maltodextrin, Trisodium Citrate, Citric Acid]), Vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) (from Soya), Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol [Carriers: Acacia, Sucrose, Corn Starch, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Antioxidant: DL-Alpha Tocopherol]), Thiamin (Vitamin B1 as Mononitrate), Riboflavin, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin K (Vitamin K1 [Carriers: Acacia & Sucrose]), Folic Acid (as Pteroylmonoglutamic Acid), Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Sodium Selenate
- Made in a site that may handle Nuts
Store below 25ºC in a dry place out of sight and reach of children.
Preparation and Usage
- One tablet per day, with your main meal.
- Swallow with water or a cold drink. Not to be chewed. Do not exceed the recommended intake. To be taken only on a full stomach.
- You can take Pregnacare® during all stages of your pregnancy.
- This comprehensive formula replaces other Pregnacare® multivitamins.
- There is no need to take an additional multivitamin.
- Free From Artificial Colours
- Free From Preservatives
- Free From Yeast
- FOOD SUPPLEMENT
- Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. As with other food supplements, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you are under medical supervision, have epilepsy, a thyroid condition, haemochromatosis, suffer from food allergies, or are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- As Pregnacare® contains vitamin K, if you are taking anticoagulants (blood thinners) do not take Pregnacare® except on the advice of a doctor.
- This product contains iron, which if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children.
Name and address
- Vitabiotics Ltd,
- 1 Apsley Way,
- NW2 7HF,
- For further information contact:
- Vitabiotics Ltd,
- 1 Apsley Way,
- NW2 7HF,
- Tel: 020 8955 2662
30 x Tablets
|Typical Values||Av. per tablet||% EC NRV*|
|Vitamin D (as D3 400 IU)||10 µg||200|
|Vitamin E||4 mg α-TE||33|
|Vitamin K||70 µg||93|
|Vitamin C||70 mg||88|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||3 mg||273|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||2 mg||143|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||20 mg NE||125|
|Vitamin B6||10 mg||714|
|Folic Acid||400 µg||200|
|Vitamin B12||6 µg||240|
|Pantothenic Acid||6 mg||100|
|Betacarotene (Natural Source)||2 mg||-|
|*NRV - Nutrient Reference Value, µg - microgram, mg - milligram, IU - International Units||-||-|
FOOD SUPPLEMENT Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. As with other food supplements, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you are under medical supervision, have epilepsy, a thyroid condition, haemochromatosis, suffer from food allergies, or are allergic to any of the ingredients. As Pregnacare® contains vitamin K, if you are taking anticoagulants (blood thinners) do not take Pregnacare® except on the advice of a doctor. This product contains iron, which if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children.
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019