Salmon carbonara method
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, 180°C.
- Place 2 salmon fillets on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, scatter with the zest of half a lemon and a squeeze of juice and season well. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until just cooked. Remove and discard the skin and any bones, then flake the salmon flesh into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook 400g spaghetti according to the packet instructions and drain, reserving a cupful of the cooking water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, 40g finely grated Parmesan, 100ml cream, the zest of half a lemon, a squeeze of lemon juice and 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives or flat-leaf parsley (reserving a little for garnish). Season well. Add the hot cooked pasta and flaked salmon and toss together. Add a little of the reserved cooking liquid to loosen the sauce if it is too thick.
- Serve hot, scattered with a little more Parmesan and the reserved herbs.
Showing 1-8 of 8 items