Try something new this week
Broccoli pesto penne with chilli and garlic sizzle method
- In a pan of boiling water, cook 150g wholewheat penne pasta following the pack instructions.
- In another pan, blanch 200g broccoli florets for 3 mins, drain and refresh under cold water.
- Add the broccoli, 30g basil, 15g parsley and 20g chopped hazelnuts to a food processor.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil and whiz until finely chopped.
- Add 30g finely grated cheese and 4-5 tbsp of the pasta cooking water to loosen the pesto.
- Then pulse. Season to taste.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and return to the pan. Add the broccoli pesto and mix through.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan
- Add 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves and 1 large red chilli sliced into rounds.
- Stir-fry for 1 min over a high heat, until softened and browning slightly.
- Divide the pasta between 2 serving bowls, and spoon over the garlic and chilli sizzle.
- Serve with a few cheese shavings, if you like.
Broccoli pesto penne with chilli and garlic sizzle
Showing 1-8 of 8 items