Tesco Finest Shortcrust Pastry Ready Rolled 320G
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
One-quarter of a pack baked contains
Ready rolled, all butter shortcrust pastry made with French butter made in Normandy.
Made with creamy French butter from Normandy so it is rich and indulgent, with a melt in the mouth texture
Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Butter (Milk) (30%), Water, Salt, Preservative (Potassium Sorbate)
- For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Keep refrigerated. Once opened, consume within 3 days and by 'use by' date
Temperature:Fan 180°C, Gas 6, 200°C
Remove all packaging.
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Number Of Uses:
Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after purchase
but always by 'use by' date shown.
Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 12 hours in a refrigerator or for 2 hours
at room temperature.
Follow the preparation guidelines above.
Once defrosted, do not refreeze.
Steak & Ale Pie
1 pack Tesco Finest Ready Rolled All Butter shortcrust pastry, 450g stewing or
braising steak, trimmed and cut into chucks, olive oil, 1 medium onion, cut
into thin wedges, 125g chestnut mushrooms, halved, 1 garlic clove crushed, 1
sprig of thyme, leaves only, 2 tbsp. plain flour, 200ml dark ale, 1 tbsp. beef
extract, 1 egg, beaten.
1. Preheat oven to 170 C/ 150 fan/ gas mark 3
2. Heat splash of oil in a casserole dish with a lid. Add the beef in batches
and gently fry it until it browns, then remove it from the pan.
3. Add the onions to the pan and cook them until they're just browned, then
remove them from the pan.
4. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook them until they're slightly coloured.
5. Add the beef and onions back into the pan with the garlic and thyme, cook
for a minute then add the flour and stir.
6. Gradually add the dark ale and beef extract then season with salt and
pepper. Cover with a lid and cook for 1 hour, or until the beef is tender.
Leave to cool.
7. Turn up the oven to 190 C/ 170 fan/ gas mark 5.
8. Roll out half the pastry and use it to line a large pie dish or tin, then
tip in the pie filling.
9. Roll out the rest of the pastry to make a lid and cover the pie dish. Gently
pinch the edges together to seal. Don't forget to make a slit in the top of the
pie to release any steam. Make decorations with the trimmings if you like and
glaze the top with the beaten egg.
10. Cook in the oven for 25-35 minutes until crisp and golden.
Packaged in a protective atmosphere
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100g contains||One-quarter of a pack baked (65g) contains|
|Energy||2269kJ (544kcal)||1475kJ (354kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Other Nutrition Info:
When cooked according to instructions.
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013