- Fabric Dye
- Velvet Black
- Hand Use Only
DYLON Fabric Dyes for hand use are perfectly suited for smaller items like vests, shorts or socks, and for delicates you'd rather not put in the machine like silk and wool.
- You will need 250g salt.
- 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade.
- Suitable fabrics: Cotton, viscose and linen. Silk, Wool, Polyester/viscose and polyester/cotton mixes will dye to lighter shade.
- Not suitable for Pure polyester, nylon, acrylic & fabric with special finishes.
- Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye.
- Please note: Colour mixing rules apply (e.g. blue on red gives purple)
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash thoroughly. Leave damp.
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water.
3. Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40Â°C)
4. Stir in 250g (5tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well.
5. Submerge fabric in water.
6. Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins.
7. Rinse fabric in luke warm water.