Tesco Rose Water 150G
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
Each tablespoon contains
Water with rose extract for adding flavour to icing and baked goods
A Classic Middle Eastern Ingredient, use in cakes & icing.
Water, Rose extract (6%), Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid)
- Store in a cool, dry place and out of direct sunlight. Shake well before use.
- Once opened, keep refrigerated and consume within 28 days.
Name of recipe suggestion: Rosewater and pistachio meringues with
strawberries and cream
Cooking time: 60 minutes
• 4 large egg whites
• Large pinch of cream of tartar
• 125g caster sugar
• 100g icing sugar
• 3 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
• 1-2 tsp Rosewater
• A tiny drop of red or pink food colouring (optional)
• 200g strawberries, hulled and sliced into halves or quarters
• 200ml double cream
• ½ vanilla pod, seeds removed
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C/Fan 130°C/Gas mark 1.
2. In a large, clean bowl, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar to soft
peaks, then slowly whisk in the caster sugar, a quarter at a time, until the
mixture is thick and glossy.
3. Spoon a third of the egg mixture into a separate bowl and beat in the
Rosewater, 2 tbsps of the pistachios and the food colouring, if using.
4. Using a metal spoon, carefully fold this back into the rest of the egg
mixture, then sift in the icing sugar and gently fold this in too.
5. Spoon two tablespoons of the meringue mixture onto the baking trays and
sprinkle the tops with the remaining pistachios. Place these in the oven, then
lower the oven temperature to 120°C/Fan 110°C/Gas mark ½. Bake for 45 minutes,
then leave in the oven to cool completely before removing. (over night is ideal)
6. To make the vanilla cream, whisk the double cream with the vanilla seeds
until it forms soft peaks.
To Serve: Serve the meringues with the strawberries and vanilla cream.
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||Each tablespoon (15ml) contains|
|Energy||35kJ (8kcal)||5kJ (1kcal)|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013