Great Scot Red Split Lentils 100G
Sorry, this product is currently not available.
For more information & recipes log on to: www.greatscotfoods.co.uk
Dried red split lentils.
Pack Size: 100g
Produce of more than one country.
- Perfect meal for 4
- Low in fat
- 3 tablespoons of cooked lentils provide 1 of your 5 a day portions
- May contain traces of gluten
- May Contain: Gluten
- Store in a cool dry place. Once opened store in an airtight container.
Hob (From Ambient): No need to soak. Do not eat raw.
1. Place Great Scot Red Split Lentils into a saucepan & cover with cold water.
2. Boil for 10 minutes, reduce heat & simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Drain & use.
Preparation and Usage:
Recipe idea - Spicy Red Lentil Soup
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
100g Great Scot Red Split Lentils
1tbsp Olive Oil
1tsp Ground Paprika
1tsp Ground Turmeric
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Onion, diced
3 Carrots, sliced
3 Potatoes, diced
1 Red Pepper, diced
1x400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
750ml Vegetable Stock
1tsp Fresh Basil, chopped
1 Bay Leaf
Salt & Black Pepper.
1. Soak the lentils in cold water for 1 hour.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat & gently fry the spices for 1 minute.
3. Add the pre-soaked lentils, onion, carrots, potatoes & red pepper, cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, basil & bay leaf to the pan with the lentils & simmer gently for 40 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaf, season to taste & blend in a food processor to an even consistency.
6. Return to the pan to heat through & serve with a swirl of natural yogurt.
For questions or comments please call: 01933 654340
Or write to us at:
100 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values as consumed per 100g|
|of which sugars||0.8 g|
|of which saturates||Trace|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013