Tesco Wholefoods Bulgur Wheat And Cous Cous 300G
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
80g cooked contains
A mix of bulgur wheat and whole wheat cous cous.
Makes agreat tabbouleh or use instead of rice or pasta
Bulgur Wheat (70%), Durum Wholewheat semolina
- For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal using the tape provided.
more than one country
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Number Of Uses:
Honey and rosemary bread rolls.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Proving Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
100g Tesco Bulgur Wheat & Cous Cous
200ml boiling water
5 tbsp olive oil
300ml semi-skimmed milk
2 tsp dried rosemary
2 tbsp runny honey
1 medium red onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1x7g sachet instant yeast
¼ tsp salt
500g strong white bread flour, plus a little extra for kneading
1. Place the bulgur wheat & cous cous into a large heat proof bowl and add the
boiling water. Stir, cover and leave to stand for 20 minutes, until all the
liquid has been absorbed and then use a fork to separate the grains.
2. Meanwhile, use 1 tablespoon of the oil to lightly grease two baking sheets
and a large mixing bowl.
3. Heat the milk in a medium saucepan over a low heat for 10-15 minutes until
it starts to bubble around the edges of the pan. Add the rosemary, honey,
onion, garlic and the remaining oil, stir to dissolve the honey into the milk.
Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool to lukewarm.
4. Once the milk has cooled, sprinkle the yeast over the top and stir to
5. Stir the salt, flour and the milk mixture into the presoaked bulgur wheat to
form the dough.
6. Knead the dough well on a lightly floured work surface, until it is elastic
7. Form into a large ball and place it in the greased bowl, cover with a clean
damp tea towel and leave to rest in a warm place for around 2 hours or until
doubled in size.
8. Preheat the oven to 200oC (fan 180oC), Gas Mark 6.
9. Gently knead the dough again on the lightly floured work surface, then
divide the mixture into 10 and roll each one into a ball. Place the balls on
the prepared baking sheets and allow to rise until almost doubled in size.
10. Bake 5 rolls at a time in the centre of the preheated oven for 15 minutes,
until well risen and lightly browned.
Serve warm as an accompaniment to your favourite meal or cool completely and
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100g cooked contains||80g cooked contains|
|Energy||371kJ (88kcal)||297kJ (70kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Other Nutrition Info:
When cooked according to instructions.35g of uncooked bulgur wheat and cous cous mix weighs approximately 80g when cooked.
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013