Mrs.Crimble's Sponge Mix
Tesco no longer sells this product.
For further recipe ideas please visit: facebook.com/mrscrimbles
Home bake gluten free muffin & sponge mix
"This home bake mix provides the perfect opportunity to add your own touch to create delicious gluten-free food
So go on and bake with love...."
Have you also tried?
Pack Size: 200g
"This pack makes 6 muffins or 1 sponge cake"
- Deliciously gluten and wheat free
- Suitable for vegetarians
Sugar, Maize Flour, Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Emulsifiers: Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids & Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids, Raising Agents: Disodium Dihydrogen Diphosphate & Sodium Bicarbonate, Salt, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum, Flavouring
- Free From: Gluten, Wheat
- Nut Statement: Factory: Packed in a factory handling nuts
- Store in a cool dry place.
Preparation and Usage:
Mrs Crimble's Muffin & Sponge Mix
1 large egg
70g (2.5oz) Butter - melted
100ml (1/4 pint) Water
To avoid using dairy ingredients in this recipe use 'dairy free' margarine in place of butter.
Add 40g or to your taste - chocolate chips or blueberries.
For muffins reserve a few for the top of each muffin.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C (for fan assisted ovens) / 375°F / Gas Mark 5.
2. Whisk lightly together the egg, melted butter or margarine and water.
3. Add the cake mix and whisk together to give a smooth batter.
4. Stir in chocolate chips or blueberries (optional).
For large cake
Pour the batter into 2 lined and greased 6" /15cm sandwich tins and spread evenly.
Spoon the batter into 6 large muffin cases.
5. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. For muffins reduce the baking time to 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.
7. When cool sandwich together with a filling of your choice and dust the top with icing sugar.
Oven temperatures and cooking times may vary. These instructions are given as a guide only.
Making it Special
Mrs Crimble's Chocolate Cake
1. Add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 30g/2tbsp sugar to the Mrs Crimble muffin and cake mix and then follow the baking instructions above.
2. Melt 100g bar of plain chocolate and spread evenly over the cool cake.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Name and Address:
Stiletto Foods (UK) Ltd.,
Stiletto Foods (UK) Ltd.,
Tel: 01256 393460
200 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100g when baked to instruction|
|of which Sugars||19.8g|
|of which saturates||9.3g|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013