Tesco 6 Coley Portions 540G
Sorry, this product is permanently unavailable.
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
a serving contains
Skinless & Boneless Coley (Pollachius virens)Portions
6 Coley portions
- Allergy Advice! For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
- Keep Frozen - See storage instructions.
the North East Atlantic
|Step||650 Watt||750 Watt||850 Watt|
|Cook on full power||3 mins||3 mins||2½ mins|
|Stand||1½ mins||1½ mins||1 min|
|Total time||4½ mins||4½ mins||3½ mins|
For best results always cook from frozen. Remove all packaging. Place one portion on a non-metallic plate. Dot with butter and season with salt and pepper. Cover loosely. Timing are based on 2-3 portions at a time. Timings are based on 2-3 portions at a time.
Temperature:Fan 170°C, Gas 5, 190°C
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
Keep Frozen at -18°C or cooler.
Important: If food has thawed, do not refreeze.
Name of recipe suggestion:
Cheesy Fish Pie
540g Coley Portions (Frozen)
1 bay leaf (optional)
1 Small tin of sweetcorn (or peas)
600ml milk (1 pint)
110g grated cheddar cheese
40g plain flour
2 large maris piper potatoes (or King Edwards)
1. Preheat oven to 190oC/375oF Mark 5
2. Place the Coley Portions on the bottom of an ovenproof dish approx . 60mm in
depth. Pour in 300ml of milk, add the bay leaf and salt & pepper to season.
3. Place the dish in the middle of a preheated oven and cook for 25minutes.
4. Meanwhile boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes. Drain, mash and add 40g of
the butter and a little milk to form a soft spreadable mash
5. After 25minutes remove the coley from the oven and drain liquid into a suce
pan or jug and add the remainder of the milk, remove the bay leaf.
1. Melt the remainder of the butter in a separate saucepan overa low heat
2. Stir in the flour and cook on a low heat for a further 2-3 minutes
3. Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk, stir constantly to avoid
4. Bring to the boil, stirring continuosly, simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
5. When the sauce is smooth and creamy, gradually add the grated cheese. if
mixture is too thick add a little extra milk
6. drain the tin of sweetcorn and stir in to the cheese sauce.
Pour over the Cheese Sauce over the coley portions. Spoon the mashed potatoes
evenly over the filling and mark the surface with a fork. Grate a little extra
cheese over the surface. Bake in the oven for a further 20-25 minutes at
190oC/375oF/ Gas Mark 5 until piping hot and golden brown on top
To Serve: Serve with steamed green beans and broccoli
Caution: Although every care has been taken to remove bones, some may remain
Caution: This product contains raw fish.
540 g e
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,
PL 32611801 WE
|Typical Values||As sold- 100g contains||As sold-1/6th of a pack serving (90g) contains|
|Energy||339kJ (80kcal)||305kJ (72kcal)|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013