Pataks Biryani Paste 283G
Sorry, this product is currently not available.
Our authentic blend of aromatic spices, coriander, cinnamon & ginger for a beautifully balanced Biryani dish
For more recipe ideas, visit: www.pataks.com
Our balanced blend of II spices captured in oil for a deep, rich, authentic flavour
Pack Size: 283g
- Chilli rating - medium - 2
- Gluten free
- No artificial preservatives, colours or flavours
- Suitable for vegetarians
Water, Ground Spices (26%) [Coriander (11%), Cinnamon (3%), Turmeric, Cumin, Paprika, Black Pepper, Spices, Chilli], Rapeseed Oil (15%), Ginger Purée (5%), Salt, Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid), Sugar, Garlic Purée, Ginger Powder (0.5%)
- Free From: Gluten
- May Contain: Mustard, Nuts, Peanuts
- Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 weeks of opening and before the best before end date.
- Best Before End: See Lid.
Country of Origin:
Origin Free Text:
Made in the UK
Number Of Uses:
Preparation and Usage:
This product must be cooked.
Chicken Biryani Recipe
1. Heat 5 tbsp oil in a pan, add 1 sliced onion & cook until soft. 2. Add 2 tsp (each) finely chopped ginger & garlic, & 1/2 a jar of Patak's Biryani spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50ml water; cook until the water has evaporated. 3. Remove from heat, gradually stir in 200g set yogurt, 100ml water, 300g diced chicken thigh, 3 tbsp tomato purée & 1/2 tsp sugar, return to heat, cook until sealed, simmer uncovered until the chicken is tender (approx. 20 mins). 4. In a large casserole dish, starting with the chicken & sauce mixture, layer the biryani using 800g cooked Basmati rice, alternating layers; ensure the last layer is rice. Garnish with 3 tbsp fresh chopped coriander, 1 1/2 tbsp fresh chopped mint & 2 tbsp finely shredded ginger. Cover with aluminium foil & the lid, cook in a pre-heated oven 180°C/160°c fan/350°f/Gas 4 for 45 minutes to an hour, until piping hot. Serve hot with Raita or plain yogurt.
1 cinnamon stick, 4 green cardamom and 1/2 tsp cumin seeds in hot oil to release their sweet aromatic flavours into the oil before frying the onion for that true Indian home cooking experience.
- Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Flavours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
Name and Address:
AB World Foods Ltd.,
AB World Foods Ltd.,
UK: 0800 0195 617
ROI: 0044 800 0195 617
283 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g|
|Energy||1063kJ / 257kcal||-|
|of which saturates||1.4g||-|
|of which sugars||4.8g||-|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013