Tesco Beef Top Side Roasting Joint
Sorry, this product is currently not available.
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
120g beef roasted then trimmed of fat contains
This traditional roasting joint is family sized and matured for at least 21
days to ensure the meat is fully tenderised. The British and Irish farms
supplying our beef are all recognised by national quality assurance schemes.
Standards of quality, animal husbandry and welfare are also informed by the
Tesco Livestock Code of Practice.
Around 5 120g servings per kg. Get creative with our delicious beef dinner
ideas at http://realfood.tesco.com/
• Remove all packaging.
• Pre-heat the oven to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8.
• Place the joint in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes then reduce the heat
to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
• Then calculate the additional cooking time per 100g meat as
• Rare: 6 minutes for each 100g in weight or part thereof
• Medium: 7 minutes for each 100g in weight or part thereof
• Well done: 8 minutes for each 100g in weight or part thereof.
• Allow the joint to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes before serving to
• Remove string prior to serving.
• E.g. For a 900g joint cooked rare cooking times will be 10 mins + (6 x 9 =
54) = 64 mins.
• Rare meat will be red in the middle with some blood.
• Medium meat will be pink in the middle
• Well done meat will be brown right through.
Adjust times according to your particular oven. For fan assisted ovens cooking times should be reduced.All appliances vary these are guidelines only.If cooked rare there is a small risk that harmful bacteria may be present.Tesco recommend that all meat products are cooked thoroughly.Not suitable for microwave cooking.Not suitable for cooking from frozen.
For more information about our strict welfare and quality standards visit
This meat is vacuum-packed, allowing it to mature for longer. Remove packaging
and its dark colouring will return to a brighter red.
Freeze on day of purchase. Use within one month.
Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 24 hours in the refrigerator.IMPORTANT: If food has thawed, do not refreeze.
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,
UK 8299 EC
Other Nutrition Info:
Each 1kg raw beef will provide around 5 servings 120g beef roasted then trimmed of fat.For best results we recommend roasting this product.
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013