Tesco Dark Brown Soft Sugar 1Kg Bag
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
Dark brown Soft cane sugar
Ideal for fruit cakes, puddings, biscuits and savoury sauces
- In certain weather conditions this sugar may harden. To soften, place the sugar
- in a basin, cover with a damp cloth and leave overnight.
- Store in a cool, dry place and once opened in an airtight container.
- Best before: see back of pack
Try this recipe...
CHOCOLATE WHOOPIE MUFFINS
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
35g Tesco Cocoa powder (sifted)
300g Tesco Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 pinch Salt
100g Unsalted Butter softened
175g Tesco Dark Brown Soft Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
125 ml Milk
25g White Chocolate Chips
25g Dark Chocolate Chips
For the filling and topping:
100g White Chocolate chips
140g Unsalted Butter
140g Icing Sugar (sifted)
50g Milk Chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/FAN 150°C/Gas Mark 3. Place 12 large muffin cases
into a muffin tin.
2. Sieve together the cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder,
3. Cream together the butter and sugar, Beat in the egg.
4. Stir together the milk and vanilla extract.
5. Add the cocoa and flour mixture to the butter mix, alternating with the milk
mixture; beating until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin cases.
7. Cook for 20 minutes or until they are firm to the touch. Remove from oven
and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
8.For the Filling: Melt half of the white chocolate chips in the microwave on
Medium for 90 seconds, stirring halfway. Leave to cool. Beat the butter and
icing sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Beat in half of the milk chocolate
chips. Cut each muffin in half and fill with the white chocolate and butter
9. Melt the remaining milk chocolate chips in the microwave on Medium for 40
seconds, stirring halfway. Drizzle over the whoppie muffins. Once set, they
are ready to serve.
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,
|Typical Values||Typical values 100g contains||Each teaspoon (5g) contains|
|Energy||1663kJ (391kcal)||83kJ (20kcal)|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013