Tesco Pearl Barley 500G
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
80g cooked contains
Dried pearl barley.
Makes a great alternative to rice in risottos and sushi
- Contains: Gluten
- Allergy Advice! Contains barley. Barley contains gluten.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal using the tape provided.
Number Of Uses:
Pea and bacon barley risotto.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
1½ litres water
300g Tesco Pearl Barley
300g smoked back bacon, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium onion, finely chopped
200g button mushrooms, quartered
1litre vegetable stock
160g garden peas
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan over a high heat, add the
pearl barley and boil for 10 minutes, then drain and rinse thoroughly.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the bacon and fry
for 2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly,
then add the pearl barley and cook for a further 30 seconds.
4. Stir the stock into the mixture, reduce the heat to a low and simmer for 35
minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the peas, season to taste and simmer for 10 minutes, then serve
Sprinkle with a few shaving of Parmesan cheese.
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100g cooked contains||80g cooked contains|
|Energy||500kJ (118kcal)||400kJ (95kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Other Nutrition Info:
When cooked according to instructions.25g of uncooked pearl barley weighs approximately 80g when cooked.
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013