Tesco Quinoa 300G
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
80g cooked contains
makes a great addition to porrage oats
- Allergy Advice! May contain nuts, sesame and milk.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal using the tab provided.
Smoked Mackerel, Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
150g Tesco Quinoa
250g sweet potatoes
½ red onion, diced
210g fine beans & tenderstem broccoli
250g smoked mackerel
20g pumpkin seeds
1. Cook the quinoa following the on pack instructions, then drain thoroughly.
2. Meanwhile, peel and dice the sweet potatoes into 20mm chunks and place into
a large saucepan. Cover with plenty of cold water and bring to the boil over a
high heat. Once the water is boiling reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15
minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft, then drain thoroughly.
3. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, sweat the chopped onion in a small
lidded frying pan over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Trim the ends of the beans and the broccoli but otherwise keep them whole,
if the broccoli florets are large in size you can slice them in half
lengthways. Lightly steam them together for 5 minutes so that they have
softened slightly but are still crisp.
5. Remove the skin from the mackerel fillets and break them into large flakes.
6. Chop the cucumber into 20mm chunks and mix together with the quinoa, sweet
potato, onion, beans, broccoli, and the flaked mackerel in a large dish.
7. Just before serving, lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a small dry frying
pan over a low heat for 30 seconds until the seeds start to pop, taking care to
ensure they do not burn, and sprinkle them over the top of the salad.
Delicious on its own or with mixed salad leaves.
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,
|Typical Values||100g cooked contains||80g cooked contains|
|Energy||483kJ (114kcal)||386kJ (92kcal)|
Other Nutrition Info:
When cooked according to instructions.30g of uncooked quinoa weighs approximately 80g when cooked.
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013