Tesco Batter Mix 260G
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
Made up according to instructions each Yorkshire pudding contains
for Yorkshire puddings and pancakes
Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Dried Skimmed Milk, Salt
- Allergy Advice! For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Store in a cool, dry place
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Not suitable for microwave cooking.
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Makes: 24 Yorkshire puddings
You will need: 2 medium eggs; 400ml water; vegetable oil for greasing.
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Using two twelve hole muffin tins, prepare by adding approximately 1/3 tsp
of cooking oil into each well then place in the oven until smoking hot.
3. Empty the sachet contents into a bowl.
4. Beat together the eggs and water in a separate bowl or jug.
5. Gradually add the liquid into the dry mix and whisk until a smooth batter is
6. Pour the batter into the hot fat and bake for 20-30 minutes until well risen
Makes: 12 Pancakes
You will need: 2 eggs, 568ml (1 pint) water; vegetable oil for frying.
1. Empty the contents of the sachet contents into a bowl.
2. Beat together the eggs and water in a separate bowl or jug.
3. Gradually add the liquid into the dry mix and whisk until a smooth batter is
4. Cover the base of a small frying pan with oil and heat until smoking hot.
5. Pour off the excess fat into a cup and return to the heat.
6. Pour in enough batter to thinly coat the base of the pan and cook until
7. Toss or turn the pancake and cook the other side.
8. Add another drop of oil from the cup before cooking the next pancake.
Coating batter for frying. Make up as for Yorkshire pudding using 350ml water
but no egg. For a crispy batter add 4 x 5ml spoons (4tsp) baking powder to the
dry mix. Use to coat fish, meat, fruit or vegetables, then fry in hot fat.
Number Of Uses:
Name of recipe suggestion
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||Made up according to instructions 100g contains||Made up according to instructions Each Yorkshire pudding (22g) contains|
|Energy||889kJ (211kcal)||195kJ (46kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013