Tesco Light Muscovado Sugar 1Kg Bag
Add to basket
Guideline Daily Amount Summary
Light brown muscovado cane sugar.
Ideal for cakes, biscuits and puddings
- In certain weather conditions this sugar may harden. To soften, place the sugar
- in a basin, cover with a damp cloth and leave overnight.
- Store in a cool, dry place and once opened in an airtight container.
- Best before: see back of pack
Number Of Uses:
Try this recipe....
TOFFEE MOCHA MUFFINS
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
100g Unsalted Butter
60g Tesco Golden Caster Sugar
60g Tesco Light Muscovado sugar
3 Eggs, medium sized
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
200g Tesco Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
For the filling and topping:
1 tsp Tesco Cocoa powder (sifted)
2 tsp Warm Water
50g Unsalted Butter
100g Golden Icing Sugar (sifted)
Chocolate Sprinkles (to decorate)
1 tsp Tesco Espresso Roast and Ground Coffee
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/FAN 170°C/Gas Mark 4. Line the muffin tin with
muffin papers, or grease and flour each hole individually.
2. In a small saucepan, melt together the butter and sugars until the sugars
are dissolved. Sift together the flour and baking powder.
3. Beat the eggs and vanilla extract. Allow the butter and sugar to cool
slightly and stir in to the eggs. Immediately stir in the flour and baking
4. Spoon into the muffin papers, about two-thirds full. Bake for 20 - 25
5. To make the mocha flavouring, mix together the cocoa, espresso powder and
hot water until dissolved. Beat together the butter, icing sugar and mocha
flavouring, until well blended. Fill the piping bag, and pipe onto the muffins
decoratively. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.
Serve with hot coffee.
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,
|Typical Values||Typical values 100g contains||Each teaspoon (5g) contains|
|Energy||1676kJ (395kcal)||84kJ (20kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013